Design Automation Engineer
The position described below is a job profile that is generally representative of current or future openings at Intel. By clicking the 'Apply Now' button above, you are not applying for an open position. Instead you will be answering a series of questions that will enable Intel Recruiters to more effectively match you to current and future job openings. This process will take approximately 5 minutes.
This position is for a Design Automation (DA) Engineer within the Intel Architecture Group, System on Chip Enabling Group (IAG-SEG) group. The applicant will be responsible for development, deployment, and support of the SOC design flow with an emphasis on RTL and Logic Verification and potentially supporting front end tools. The design flow includes all software tools and methodologies needed to support product development groups to rapidly take products from concept to production. Tool flow development will include execution of tool evaluations, tool environment development, documentation, and training. The applicant will also be a key contributor to drive process improvements which raise the level of quality and efficiency. Behavioral traits for this position include: willingness to work independently or in small teams, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Must have a Bachelors or Masters in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Minimum 3 years experience of CAD and/or digital design experience for a Bachelors level and 2 years experience for a Masters level candidate
- 3-5+ years experience with coding in HDL languages such as SystemVerilog
- 3-5+ years experience with RTL Verification design flows and industry standard EDA tools/flows
- 3-5+ years experience with Unix operating system and scripting languages (XML, UNIX*, C/C++, Perl, TCL*, C-Shell)
- Must have the unrestricted right to work in the US without requiring sponsorship
- MS or PHD in CE, EE or Computer Science preferred.
- 1-7+ years experience in RTL Design and Verification (VMM*, OVM*, Testbench, SystemVerilog*, Verilog*, ModelSim*, VCS*), Formal Verification (Conformal*), Synthesis (Design Compiler*), and/or expertise with Functional Coverage and Formal Property Verification.
- 1+ years experience of microarchitecture design
USA-California, Folsom, USA-California, Santa Clara
Oct 21, 2012
Oct 22, 2013
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
Intel - 20 months ago
There's more inside Intel than you ever imagined.
We're not just about work, we're also about fun! Join us, have fun...