Come help us create new features and web applications for our extremely high traffic consumer website. As a Front End Engineer at Indeed, you will specialize in building responsive and elegant web UIs with AJAX and similar technologies.
If you are an engineer who's passionate about building innovative products that scale to tens of millions of pageviews a day, Indeed is looking for you. Indeed offers smart developers like you a complex development ecosystem with short release cycles. Every week sees the new release of multiple products that meet the growing needs of millions of jobseekers worldwide.
Our Front End Engineers create great looking products that millions of people love to use. Your work will enhance the usability and revenue performance of our advertisement offering. This is an exceptional opportunity to help monetize one of the most trafficked web properties in the world.
We're looking for someone who:
- Interact with product managers to define and develop new products, features, and enhancements
- Build mockups and prototypes to communicate and refine product concepts
- Contribute scalable, production-ready code for user-facing features
- Develop reusable application components
- Promote best practices for web user experience
- Has a passion for consumer web applications and search engines
- Understands the end user and can create simple, elegant solutions
- Loves to learn and develop new skills continuously
- BS in Computer Science or related area, or relevant work experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience in web development as part of a cross-functional product team
- Demonstrated experience with web user interface toolkits such as JQuery
- Familiarity with best practices for web usability and interaction design
- Deep understanding of browser capabilities, browser security concerns such as cross-site scripting, and cross-browser incompatibilities
- Experience developing server-side Java servlets, JSPs, and JSP tag libraries
- Experience with the full development life cycle of web applications from requirements to launch
- Experience in auction theory and/or online advertising a plus
- Experience building Facebook, Twitter or other social applications a plus
Indeed is the #1 job site worldwide, with over 180 million unique visitors per month from more than 50 countries in 28 languages. Job...