Job Order: J1112-0958 - Permanent Full Time
Title: Project Scheduler - HI HIX
Category: Information Technology
City: Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
Job Description: Project Scheduler - HI HIX Summary:
Provide Project Management Support, specifically managing the Microsoft Project Schedules, work with the Project Manager to ensure that that all project scheduled tasks are being managed efficiently and effectively.
As an integral member of the program management team you will also create and maintain project schedules using Microsoft Project Professional platform. Proficiency in Microsoft Project Server is highly desired. In partnership with the project manager, you will identify and manage project schedule risks, issues, and resource constraints; monitor and report progress variances to baseline of system projects.
- Create and maintain schedule reports; closely monitor and coordinate schedule updates that impact more than one project
- Act as a subject matter expert and resource to project managers, providing expert guidance and direction related to managing links between schedules; provide hands-on schedule management support as necessary
- Identify, monitor and report on projects' critical path and milestone tasks
- Develop effective mechanisms for communicating any schedule shifts to management
- Advise and update the Program Manager about emerging risks to key milestones
- Suggest new reports and tools to manage critical path tasks across the project
- Develop and implement strategy to introduce scheduling best practices
- Develop and manage the creation of presentations, schedules, and other program and project oversight tools for project, program, and executive management
5+ years' work experience in a project or program management-related discipline or appropriate technical discipline, with 3 plus years engaged in creating, maintaining and scheduling within an integrated master schedule environment
Extensive schedule management experience both with simple and complex project and program schedules
Managing critical path for Project, Program and Integrated Master Schedules
Performed advanced schedule analyses in the areas of: schedule performance trend, efficiency analysis and variance reports
Created and/or maintained metric/analytics dashboards
Supporting a disciplined change management environment
Strong experience using MS Project Professional and training individuals on scheduling techniques
Ability to learn quickly and take initiative in a dynamic ever changing environment
Demonstrated experience in working independently, with little or no supervision
Advanced Microsoft Office products skills; written, verbal problem solving and presentation skills
Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, complex environment
PMP desired but not required.
At CGI, we're a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 72,000 professionals located in more than 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Word
- Project Management
- Project ManagementProfessional
CGI - 20 months ago
CGI doesn't generate make-believe worlds, but rather real-life worldwide IT services. The company is the leading technology services...