Position: Assistant Director of Championship and Alliances, Media Services.
Basic Functions: This position will serve as the media coordinator for at least one championship per sport season. This position also will help implement media policies and assist in keeping current media policy consistent among the national championships. In addition, t his position is responsible for compiling weekly and season-end statistical leaders for selected sports, updating selected records books and managing the score reporting system for selected sports.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Serve as media coordinator for at least one championship per sport season
Coordinate all media arrangements, including issuing all media credentials and arranging lodging for media members.
Attend the championships and oversee all media operations including, but not limited to: the statistics crew, press conferences, press box/row operations.
Update media policies in manuals as necessary.
Serve as a spokesperson for selected media inquiries concerning the championship and handle all questions from the media and sports information directors as it relates to the championship.
Train, monitor and assist host media coordination staff for all issues.
Serve as liaison to sport committee on all media issues.
Coordinate the selection of the all-tournament team.
Update championship records books.
Coordinate public speaking engagements and media opportunities for staff and committee.
Compile and execute public relations plan.
Work with Communications staff on social media, press releases and story ideas to promote sport and championship.
- Attend site visits and committee meetings as necessary.
Serve as liaison to Radio and Television rights holders on-site as well as NCAA Photos.
- Help generate content for NCAA.com.
2. In conjunction with the Communications department, partner on promotional and public relations initiatives for selected championships in addition to helping communicate NCAA messages through releases, stories and social media.
3. Oversee the ordering process of all credentials for the NCAA’s 89 championships.
Serve as the Championships and Alliances liaison for credential vendor.
Develop credential schedule for staff and credential vendor.
Oversee the creation and approval of all artwork for credentials and credential boards.
Ensure all credentials orders are accurate and received in a timely manner.
4. Order supplies needed to help administer Media Services responsibilities at championship events.
- Work with purchasing, operations and outside vendors to find and/or create and purchase lanyards, armbands, photo vests, seat cards, envelopes, mic flags and wristbands.
5. Help train and supervise institutional/conference/host agency media coordinators at championships not assigned to a national office staff media coordinator for respective sports.
Develop and update manuals outlining procedures;
Conduct teleconferences and visit selected sites when necessary;
Distribute periodic e-mail “bulletins” containing new information and reminders.
6. Assist with CoSIDA Media Coordination Advisory Panel.
7. Compile weekly and season-end statistical leaders for assigned sports using either weekly reports from member conferences or game-by-game reports from member schools.
Gather schedules and rosters for all teams competing for current season.
Determine reporting schedules including deadlines for submissions from membership as well as when information will be posted.
Update and maintain conference alignments.
Establish sport-specific SID contact with each league office and institution.
Determine categories to be ranked and set minimums.
Work with IT staff to update and enhance compilation programs.
Troubleshoot conference and school XML files as they are submitted (either game-by-game from
schools or on a weekly basis by conferences).
Serve as liaison with sports information directors and software companies.
Respond to daily in-season inquiries from membership, media and general public regarding compilations.
8. Serve as primary editor of records books and statistics manuals for assigned sports and championships.
Create, update, compile and post records to include single game, season and career individual and team records.
Create, compile and post active and all-time coaching records, team all-time won-lost records, and attendance records.
Compile, update and post championships information, statistical trends, poll histories, conference standings, most improved teams, all-America teams and award winners.
Track inquiries on statistics manual throughout season and make updates and clarification to manuals.
Solicit input from SIDs for record updates.
Respond to frequent inquiries from membership, media and general public regarding records and policies.
9. Coordinate score reporting for assigned sports.
Edit schedules and results and confirm records with league and school websites.
Work with sports liaisons to evaluate and adjust pre-championship manual language, countable teams and data transfer schedule.
Coordinate with championship liaisons and IT staff to provide timely updates to regional and national committees before and throughout season.
Create schedule of all remaining contests (including conference tournaments) leading up to selection date.
10. Statistics Database maintenance.
Update and maintain coaching database each season.
Connect student-athlete transfers with previous school.
Relink student-athlete data.
Address membership statistical correction requests for previous data, verify the update and reload
Update career statistics database following each season.
11. Complete other projects as assigned by the associate director of media services.
Preferred Qualifications and Minimum Requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree (essential).
Minimum two years sports information or similar experience at an institution or conference office (essential).
3. Very strong organizational skills (essential).
4. Knowledge and understanding of the Association's structure and function (desired).
5. Established background and knowledge of college athletics (desired).
6. Strong and varied background in media relations and sports statistics (essential).
All areas of Championships and Alliances.
Conference public relations staff.
Institution sports information directors.
Sports committee chairs and members.
Electronic and print media, on the local and national level.
National Collegiate Athletic Association - 30+ days ago
The NCAA® is a membership-led nonprofit association of colleges and universities committed to supporting academic and athletics opportun...