Overview Genie Industries is a major component of the Terex AWP Segment, which is a division of Terex Corporation. Terex Corporation (Fortune 500) is the third largest global manufacturer of construction equipment and products.
This position provides a variety of technical operating and service advice to customers using diesel, gas, electric, and hand operated personnel and material lifting equipment manufactured by the company. Responsibilities - Receives calls from customers on equipment operating troubles. Interviews customers to understand the operating symptoms, then advises the customer of the course of action by explaining the possible solution and the steps that must be taken to restore equipment to safe and efficient operation.
- Receives inquiries from customers to obtain warranty, and operating information on Genie products. Supplies information to the customer verbally, in writing, or by sending materials that respond to the request.
- Identifies parts and supplies that the customer must have to restore equipment to a safe operational level.
- Communicates information on equipment problems or potential enhancements to other teams within the company. - Occasionally prepares and delivers formal training to customers in the safe operation, maintenance, and care of equipment to assure desired operating level and warranty compliance. May travel to customer locations on an occasional basis, overseeing and repairing operational problems with Genie products.
- Occasionally investigates accidents and equipment failures to determine the possible cause and to create an estimate for repair.
- Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position. Qualifications • Minimum of 3 years experience in a customer service or technical support environment.
• Great attitude and high energy.
• Ability to communicate effectively with several areas in the company such as sales, engineering, service, parts, etc.
• Ability to read technical documentation and visual schematics both on electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
• Ability to identify and resolve operating problems or causes by diagnosing and identifying symptoms.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Excellent learning and training skills.
• Good Mechanical, Electrical, Hydraulic and Pneumatic aptitude.
• Can work independently and in a team environment.
• Must be motivated, detail-oriented with great organizational skills.
• Ability to relate well to a wide variety of people in a professional and diplomatic manner.
• Strong orientation toward quality, safety and continuous improvement.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
Terex - 18 months ago
Terex is a "T-Rex" when it comes to making a variety of cranes, aerial platforms, and construction and materials processing...