What you will do (External)
THE MISSION OF A STORE MANAGER (the Role):
The Store Manager, with the support and alignment of the Regional Manager, is responsible for all aspects of retail store operations in their store. They are accountable for ensuring that all aspects of the Manager ‘80/20 Checklist’ (attached) are fulfilled, so that the store consistently produces a ‘’Wow! It’s You!’ guest experience. This role has a high degree of autonomy with the Manager responsible for running all aspects of their store business on a day to day basis. As well, the Store Manager will ensure understanding and compliance with Company and departmental and internal controls.
STORE MANAGER MUST HAVE’S (the Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications):
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A STORE MANAGER (the Tasks):
- Passion, knowledge and involvement in yoga, and/or other fitness, health or sports activities required. We expect you as a leader to be enrolled in participating in weekly fitness activities in and out of the store with the store team
- Passionate for the lululemon athletica retail floor and product movement – Guest Experience
- Strong sense of personal style and athletically minded
- Extraordinary proven leadership capabilities – Entrepreneurship – an Ability to make decisions and take calculated risks
- Ability to inspire a team – Leaders create a future that wouldn’t have existed otherwise
- Take full responsibility and accountability for their lives and results – Live a life they love
- Integrity – Do what they say they will do, by when they say they will do it
- Open to giving & receiving feedback – they feel there is always more to learn and have a willingness to admit mistakes
- Excellent team player – always in the game right along with their people
- Ability to manage projects and delegate by putting people on the right seat of the bus
- Excellent decision making and problem resolution skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Extraordinary guest experience, organizational and time management skills
- Minimum one year’s work experience in sales management, 2 years management experience preferred
- Completion of post secondary education will be considered an asset
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
A STORE MANAGER’S WORKING DAY (the Hours):
- Passionately leads and educates on the retail floor
- Leads and coaches to support their people. Understands and develops her/his pipeline. Is clear as to his/her employee’s strengths and goals and supports his/her staff in the pursuit of these goals
- Takes a stand as an advocate for lululemon athletica’s values
- Proactively recruits to fill the people pipeline
- Fully accountable for and oversees the execution of all deliverables on the Manager ‘80/20 Checklist’
- Is present on the floor, managing and directing all store staff an average of 28 hours per week
- Represents their store at all required meetings and conferences, under the direction of the Regional Manager
- Works closely with the Management Team, producing results which meet or exceed Company goals including being responsible for their stores P&L and profit/contribution targets
- Unpack boxes for inventory as required. Boxes can weigh 10 - 30 lbs
- Under the direction of the Regional Manager, performs/completes other additional project, duties, and assignments as required and/or by request
The Store Manager works a 40 hour workweek (5 days) consisting of an average of 28 hours per week on the retail floor managing, developing and training their team. We expect all full-time employees to be available to open and close, at a minimum, twice per week. Everyone must work one weekend day (Saturday/Sunday).
SELF DEVELOPMENT/LEARNING (the Growth):
The Store Manager is fully enrolled and is an advocate for the culture of lululemon athletica and the tools available for personal growth and development such as the library, Brian Tracy CD’s, and goal coaching. They understand these tools and work to enroll the rest of the team in them.
Proactively acquires knowledge/education regarding company general information, news bulletins, store policies and processes, quality control, new garments/styles, customer feedback/experiences, and staff information/communiqué.
What makes you great (External)
lululemon athletica - 18 months ago
You needn't be a tart to sport lululemon athletica attire. The company designs and sells yoga-inspired apparel under the lululemon...