Animal Health Vaccine Research Intern: ADM005546
Merck is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and consumer health products, as well as animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of people like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Merck Animal Health is a leading manufacturer of vaccines for livestock, equine, poultry companion animals and aquaculture. We are offering a summer internship opportunity at our Elkhorn, NE, R&D facility as a member of a research team developing new solutions for protection of companion animals and aqua culture species against infectious disease pathogens. In this role, you will gain first-hand experience in what it takes to bring a vaccine to the commercial market. Opportunities are available for candidates enrolled in undergraduate, graduate or doctoral degree programs.
Summer Internship appointments are generally 9-11 weeks in duration and are normally 38.75hrs/wk. Summer interns will receive an industry competitive stipend.
* Candidates must have a minimum junior standing in a four year bachelor program in a life science discipline.
* Candidates should be able to demonstrate their achievements in scientific coursework through academic transcripts.
* Applicants should have a science background and a working knowledge of basic laboratory techniques.
* Must be available for a period of 9-11 weeks, beginning June 2013.
* Preference will be given to candidates with a demonstrated career interest the animal health industry or veterinary medicine.
* Preference will be given to candidates who have a strong desire to work in laboratory and clinical research, solve scientific problems, enjoy working in a highly-collaborative team environment, and have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Merck’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Former Military, Transitioning Service Members, National Guard & Reserves - We value your past and present service.
Primary Location: NA-US-NE-Elkhorn
Job Type : Intern
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 5
Merck makes medicines for a number of maladies, from stuffy noses and asthma to hypertension and arthritis. The...