DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under minimal supervision, this position performs a variety of specialized activities in support of functional areas such as finance, purchasing, or human resources or for one or more project/business/technical units. Maintains, processes, reviews, compiles, and analyzes variety of electronic and hard copy reports, records, statistics, timelines, tables, correspondence, and presentations, which may be confidential and sensitive in nature and which requires considerable use of tact and discretion in handling. May design processes to enhance workflow, and develop and make presentations. Provides data and information and determines appropriate action on requests from all levels of employees, customers, vendors, and other authorized parties and/or agencies. Has frequent contact with management and representatives of outside organizations and may be a contact point for outside organizations. May provide direction and guidance to less experienced staff. Assignments are complex in nature where judgment is required in analyzing, interpreting, and making recommendations in resolving non-routine issues.
1. Coordinates the activities of one or more functional areas or one or more project/business/technical units.
2. Gathers, collects, records, tracks, verifies data and information from multiple sources.
3. Coordinates, tracks, and reports on the progress of unit work assignments and/or projects.
4. Maintains, develops, and updates a variety of electronic and/or hard copy reports and records which may be confidential and sensitive in nature for a variety of parties which require independent interaction with management, customers, vendors or agencies.
5. Responds to a variety of verbal and written requests for information from internal sources and may respond to verbal and written requests for information from authorized external parties and/or agencies.
6. Assimilates data and prepares requested electronic and hard copy reports, and presentations.
7. May provide direction and guidance to less experienced staff and may make presentations to internal and external parties.
8. Provides domestic and international travel support for senior level management.
9. Responsible for observing all laws, regulations, and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
Additional Functions: Other duties as assigned or required.
Typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent and six or more years experience in a field related to the specialized functional area or unit where assigned. Must demonstrate an extensive in-depth understanding of assigned functional area principles, theories and concepts. Must possess: (1) the ability to grasp new concepts quickly; (2) the ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information; (3) excellent organization skills and ability to establish priorities; (4) the ability to identify issues, interpret and explain complex information and solve non-routine problems, issues or situations that require evaluation and interpretation; (5) strong analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report and interface effectively with all levels of personnel, including management, customers and vendors; (6) comprehensive understanding of applicable policies and procedures as well as a complete understanding of relevant regulations; (7) extensive knowledge of computer operations and applications. Ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required. Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs with assistance.
General Atomics - ASI Unit - 23 months ago