Lexmark International, Inc. (NYSE: LXK) provides businesses of all sizes with a broad range of printing and imaging products, software, solutions and services that help customers to print less and save more. Perceptive Software, a stand-alone software business within Lexmark, is a leading provider of process and content management software that helps organizations fuel greater operational efficiency. In 2011, Lexmark sold products in more than 170 countries and reported more than $4 billion in revenue.
Manages relationships with vendors. Identifies, selects and monitors vendors/suppliers. Establishes systems and procedures to ensure and enhance overall quality. Establishes requirements for suppliers to achieve process and quality standards. Facilitates development of team/partner relationships with vendors/suppliers and maintains relationships for long-term contracts.
Drives implementation and acceptance of sourcing strategies throughout the organization. Responsible for driving continuous improvement of supplier performance or commodity strategies in relation to key objectives on cost, quality, and delivery for the scanner modules.
- Process Management: Develops and executes strategic sourcing strategies for assigned commodity. Drives the adoption of best-in-class, standardized sourcing processes and procedures to support achievement of business objectives. Manages multiple complex cost models. Utilizes all supply management tools and make suggestions of continuous improvement of such tools and processes.
- Business Strategy: Acts as Market Expert for assigned Commodity or segment. Responsible for providing information to the business unit teams on the current state and future market & technology trends. Active in the product development process to influence designs that integrate commodity strategies. General technical knowledge of assigned commodity. Effectively interfaces with development engineers as needed. Creates, manipulates and understands complex data including forecasting, budgeting and market analysis. Quickly and proactively identifies supply gap situations, and develops solutions to resolve conflicts. Anticipates change and responds quickly to new targets.
- Supplier Relationship Management: Develops and negotiates RFx proposals. Leads cross-functional coordination for supplier selection decisions. Makes supplier selection and cost negotiation decisions based on cost and market analysis. Manages supplier performance measurement and performs supplier contract compliance audits focused on cost, quality and productivity. Provides information to business unit on all aspects of supplier relationship.
- Desire for at least 5 years experience in managing strategic purchasing in a series of commodity categories (experience with Contract Manufacturers, optics, electronics sourcing preferred.)
- BS required (desired in Engineering or Business field), MBA preferred
- Proficient in remote team management and cross functional team leadership. Develops and drives supply strategies and organizational change.
- Experience in Six Sigma processes or Six Sigma certification preferred.
- International procurement experience with Asia purchasing a strong benefit.
- Broad functional exposure across Supply Management activities to include new product design and launch, material planning, contract negotiation and management, logistics planning, supplier qualification and performance management and customer program integration.
- Strategic Acumen
- Self Starter
- Process minded
- Sense of urgency
- Passion for results
- Comfortable in a team environment
- Strong communications skills
- Strong leadership and resource development skills
How To Apply
- Supplier Relationship Management team
- Supply Base Management Leadership Team
- Engineering / Development
- Supply Chain Management
- Lexmark business and operations leaders
- Strategic Alliance Suppliers
Are you an innovator? Here is your chance to make your mark with a global technology leader. Apply now!
Lexmark International, Inc. - 2 years ago
Lexmark International attacks printing with a host of jets and lasers. A leading maker of printers and related supplies, the...