This position will be responsible for support of the open source Hadoop environment , including; infrastructure planning, scaling and administration. The associate will work closely with infrastructure, network, database and application teams to insure business applications are highly available and performing within agreed on service levels.
Qualifications:Required Skills/ Experience:
● 3+ years supporting open source Linux operating systems (RHEL, CENTOS, Fedora) and hardware in an enterprise environment.
● 3+ years experience installing, configuring Linux based systems
● Strong scripting expertise including BASH, PHP, PERL, Java script and UNIX Shell
● Knowledge of java virtual machines (JVM) and multithreaded processing
● Expertise in typical system administration and programming skills such as storage capacity management, performance tuning, system dump analysis, server hardening (security).
● Demonstrated ability to apply problem analysis and resolution techniques to complex system problems
● Strong network background with a good understanding of TCP/IP, firewalls and DNS
Desired, but not required Skills/ Experience:
● Hands on experience with the Hadoop stack; MapReduce, Sqoop, Pig, Hive, Flume
● Knowledge of NoSQL platforms
● Hands on experience with deploying and administering MySQL databases
● Ability to read, understand, and build java code
● Hands on experience with opens source monitoring tools including; Nagios and Ganglia
● Provides day to day production support of our Hadoop infrastructure including;
○ Implement new Hadoop hardware infrastructure, OS integration and application installation
○ Cluster maintenance
● HDFS support and maintenance
● Adding and removing cluster nodes
● Backup and restores
○ Assist with troubleshooting MapReduce Jobs as required
○ Cluster Monitoring and Troubleshooting
● Manage Nagios and Ganglia monitoring
● Manage and review Hadoop log files
● Filesystem management and monitoring
● Hadoop Cluster capacity planning
● Implement and maintain security as designed by the Hadoop Architects
● Manage and review data backups
● Execute system and disaster recovery processes as required
● Provide support and troubleshooting for BI issues associated with Hadoop
● Work with the Hadoop production support team to implement new business initiatives as they relate to Hadoop
● Works with the Hadoop production support team to install operating system and Hadoop updates, patches, version upgrades as required.
● Implement vulnerability and operating system patches to insure compliance and system integrity.
● Works with the Hadoop production support team to troubleshoot complex problems that impact our customer’s ability to perform required business functions.
Sears - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based stores,...