Assurant Specialty Property
Assurant Specialty Property is a leading provider of insurance services in partnership with financial institutions, mortgage lenders, manufactured home sellers, auto finance companies, property managers and their customers. Services include insurance tracking and management, lender-placed homeowners insurance, and property and personal coverage such as renters, farm and flood insurance. With more than 5,000 employees in 11 locations, Assurant Specialty Property serves clients and customers in all 50 states.
Assurant Specialty Property is part of Assurant, a premier provider of specialized insurance products and related services in North America and select worldwide markets. The four key businesses -- Assurant Solutions, Assurant Specialty Property, Assurant Health, and Assurant Employee Benefits -- partner with clients who are leaders in their industries and have built leadership positions in a number of specialty insurance market segments in the U.S. and select worldwide markets.
Assurant, a Fortune 500 company and a member of the S&P 500, is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol AIZ. Assurant has approximately $27 billion in assets and $8 billion in annual revenue. Assurant has approximately 14,000 employees worldwide and is headquartered in New York's financial district. http://www.assurant.com/ .
We currently have a great opportunity for a top notch Unit Manager to join our 1000 plus employee service center in Florence, SC. You will lead a team of Customer Care Specialists that provide telephone support to mortgage companies, insurance companies and homeowners regarding hazard insurance. The hours for this position are Mon-Fri, 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Saturday coverage could be required.
- Participates in the development of short and long-term goals for Customer Care
- Plans, organizes, leads, controls and coordinates the day-to-day activities of non-exempt associates, as well as, maintains records related to associates' performance, attendance, schedule and compliance
- Participates in the administration and monitoring of an operational budget, which may include payroll tracking and managing staffing levels
- Communicates approved policies, procedures and service standards to associates
- Hires, develops, evaluates, and (when necessary) disciplines and discharges associates
- Proven ability to coordinate the call center productivity and performance of 20 or more associates
- Responsible for the development, implementation, documentation, and monitoring of an ongoing quality assurance program for the unit
- Assist callers with escalated service issues or complicated situations
- Associate's degree or equivalent work experience is required
- Two or more years of supervisory experience required, including ability to motivate and develop staff
- Good verbal/written communication skills and analytical skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, promoting team participation with assigned staff
- Ability to multi-task and meet multiple goals and objectives
We offer comprehensive benefits to full time and part time employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k with profit sharing, generous paid time off and much more.
- Must be flexible and enjoy working in a fast-paced changing environment
- Process improvement mindset is important
- Experience in mortgage servicing, customer service, retail banking or hazard insurance processing is desirable
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
To learn more about our current opportunities and apply online, please visit: http://www.assurant.jobs/
Follow us on Twitter! http://twitter.com/AssurantCareers (@AssurantCareers
Requisition Number: 29687
Assurant - 20 months ago
Assurant, Inc. (Assurant) is a holding company. Through its subsidiaries, it is engaged in providing specialized insurance products and...