Under general direction from C&C's Director of Database Administration, provide support for Computing and Communications (C&C) enterprise databases, including SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, and other platforms as required. Work closely with the Computing Infrastructure and Security (CIS) Group, other Directors, and C&C development teams to ensure maximum uptime, security, and performance of UCR's centrally maintained databases. Independently create, manage, support, troubleshoot, and administer large complex databases supporting various transaction processing, reporting, and vendor-supplied ERP systems for the UCR campus. Engage in other activities (e.g. application development support, writing scripts, code, etc.) to support overall C&C technical operations. Funding for this position has been confirmed for two years and there is a possibility that this position will be extended beyond two years.
1. Education and/or experience equivalent to a bachelor's degree in a related field.
2. Extensive work experience managing large enterprise databases.
3. Demonstrated, significant proficiency in database design, administration, security, tuning, and problem resolution.
4. Demonstrated, significant proficiency in SQL and the use of SQL within programming languages.
5. Significant experience supporting transaction processing applications and data warehouses.
6. Strong background utilizing Oracle databases, including various Oracle and non-Oracle database tools (Oracle Enterprise Manager, SQL Loader, Erwin ERD tools, etc.).
7. Programming skill, especially utilizing PL-SQL, Perl, Java, and HTML. Java and .Net a plus.
8. Background resolving interoperability issues, including managing and manipulating data imports and exports, background SQL Net, etc., and knowledge of XML.
9. Background in web application development, especially utilizing IAS and WebLogic.
10. Strong interpersonal skills, oral and written communications skills, Microsoft desktop skills, and the ability to take direction and subsequently complete projects independently.
1. Education and/or experience equivalent to an advanced degree (Masters or higher) in a related area.
2. Extensive experience managing databases across a variety of operating systems, including Microsoft Windows, Sun Solaris, and Linux.
3. Background in PeopleSoft, especially three-tier architecture including WebLogic.
4. Strong understanding of web architectures and tools, including various web servers and development environments.
5. Strong Java development background.
6. Extensive experience with Oracle databases, Microsoft SQL server (MySQL a plus.).
The University of California was founded in 1868. Today it is widely considered the pre-eminent public research university system in the...