Position Title: Avionics Technician
Primary Operational Objectives:
The primary objective of this position is to support avionics/electronics systems in general aviation/corporate aircraft.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform installation and maintenance of aircraft avionics components and electrical systems components, such as, airborne navigation/communication systems, weather radar, autopilot, compass systems, and accessories in accordance with MFG specifications and FAA guidelines (aircraft such as Piper, Cessna, Pilatus, Hawker Beech, Gulfstream, and other general aviation and corporate aircraft).
- Troubleshoot to determine malfunctions on aircraft avionics components and electrical systems components, such as, airborne navigation/communication systems, weather radar, autopilot, compass systems, and accessories.
- Test and inspect aircraft communications components, navigation components, weather radar, autopilot, compass systems, and accessories to MFG specifications.
- Complete all checklists, forms and reports as required in accordance with the company, government, and FAA regulations and guidelines.
- Maintain adequate knowledge to understand and follow the repair facility's Inspection Procedures Manual.
- Exhibit positive courteous behavior with customers, businesses, and coworkers.
- Assist coworkers and those in other departments to successfully perform job tasks and functions when necessary.
- Responsible to follow and comply with all safety rules and regulations.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Degree or certificate from an accredited two (2) year college, university or technical school in avionics maintenance or electronics required or equivalent experience.
- Prefer 3-5 years of experience with GA/Corporate aircraft.
- A&P License Preferred.
- FCC General Radiotelephone License preferred.
- Knowledge of aircraft component repair.
- Knowledge of avionics, electronic and electrical test equipment.
- Knowledge of military or commercial aviation maintenance and its terminology.
- Knowledge of U.S. Government regulations for federal contractors and FAA maintenance programs.
EEO/AAP/Drug Free Workplace
- Frequent standing, walking, bending, stooping, reaching, pushing and pulling required.
- Frequent work in small spaces, extreme temperatures, and heights above six feet, noisy environments and flying.
- Frequent work with products, material and chemicals associated with aircraft maintenance.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Fargo Jet Center - 21 months ago