Leads analysis, design, and preparation of new technologies and modifies/maintains existing infrastructure in order to meet current and future business needs. Provide Tier 2 Operational support for UNIX systems. Provide technical analysis and design consulting support for major business applications. Managing project and task deliverable commitments, system changes and application rollouts / upgrades.
Technical Qualifications & Education Required:
Experienced RedHat LINUX administrator with advanced knowledge of RedHat Clustering (KVM/XEN) and RedHat Enterprise Virtualization configuration, troubleshooting and management.
- Red Hat Certified Engineer
- Day to day, hands on LINUX Operating System experience in a large enterprise (datacenter) environment
- Advanced knowledge of UNIX Clustering in RedHat LINUX, virtualization (RHEV), package creation and LVM maintenance.
- Advanced knowledge of hardware configurations and installation processes for HP Proliant systems
- Advanced knowledge of routine UNIX administration tasks
- Knowledge of Symantec Netbackup Administration on a UNIX platform a plus.
- Working knowledge of OS patch management and implementation
- Working knowledge of change management principles
- Desktop Productivity skills
- Vendor management escalation
- Ability to lead and work as a team member in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BS/BA degree or equivalent technical certification and/or work experience
- 5-7 years experience with a demonstrated track record of success on open systems, client server environment or in project leadership. Possess technical aspect of systems analysis and design. Interpreting business applications, operating systems and network designs.
Work hours for position 1 is: Tu-Sat (1600-0100)
Work hours for position 2 is: Su-Th (1600-0100)