Being a State Farm Agent provides the freedom of an entrepreneur, balanced with the company support you need to succeed. If you’re looking to start a business in California, there are many benefits to becoming a State Farm Agent including State Farm’s stellar reputation for financial strength and community involvement.
Established Business Reputation in California
One in five California homes trusts State Farm as their company of choice for insurance and financial services products.
In California alone, State Farm has:
- Over 6 million policies in force
- 3.4 million automobiles insured
- 1.5 million homes insured
State Farm employs more than 4,000 Californians and has over 2,000 contracted State Farm Agents operating in state. While Agents call their own shots in the field, we provide the infrastructure to support them and their clients 24/7.
As a State Farm Agent you will be a:
- Sales Manager: Running a high-performing sales team that you hire and State Farm helps to
train, your people are essential to your success
- Business Development Director: Using data and support from specialists at State Farm, you
identify growth opportunities and target the aggressively
- Independent Contractor: The support of a Fortune 50 Company but the freedom, flexibility and
challenge that being an entrepreneur provides
Some of the Benefits of being an Agent are:
- A 6-9 month paid training and internship program to prepare them for success.
- A highly competitive annualized salary of $50,000 - $160,000 with benefits is provided during the
- State Farm also pays for all licensing during training (Property & Casualty, Life/Health,
Series 6 & 63, and Public Notary).
- The internship provides candidates with in-class training, hands-on field development
experience, and side-by-side mentorship to prepare them for the career.
- Once training is complete, candidates receive a minimum start-up bonus of $30K
Desired Skills and Experience
Our agents come from a variety of backgrounds including but not limited to: Business Owner, Vice President, Sales Manager, Sales Representative, Insurance Sales, Personal Banker, Financial Services Representative, and many more.
Our top performing State Farm Agents all have the following skills and abilities:
Strong sales and leadership skills
Strong work ethic
Ability to pass a background and credit check
State Farm insures more cars and homes than any other insurer in the U.S., is a leading insurer of watercraft and is also a leading insurer in Canada.
State Farm's 17,700 agents and 68,600 employees serve 81 million policies and accounts - more than 78.7 million auto, fire, life and health policies in the United States and Canada, and more than 1.9 million bank accounts.
State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company is the parent of the State Farm family of companies. State Farm is ranked in the top 50 on the Fortune 500 list of largest companies.
Good California Neighbor