Includes technical support and guidance in planning, implementation and ongoing operations of LAN's and WAN's, and implementation of end user computing applications and devices for Kaiser Medical groups and business partners and employees. In general employees are responsible for responding to tickets (inquires or requests for services related to desktop hardware) originating from the National Help Desk Hotline. For requests that cannot be serviced over the phone, tickets are generated electronically through the hotline and distributed via network queue to the relevant location or business line to be resolved by Desktop employees: 1) Incident tickets: all secondary "break/fix requests for electronic desktop equipment and 2) Add/Move/change tickets: moving and installing new personal computers and/or ordering and replacing equipment for assigned areas (e.g., building/installing computers for a new office).
- Entry level position performing standard routine and often repetitive work under supervision of other staff.
- Majority of time spent responding to and resolving tickets interacting directly with clients to resolve problems via phone, email, chat or in person.
- Provides limited support for projects and administrative work.
- Receives direct but not constant supervision. Typically requires some instruction and guidance from other higher level staff.
- Identifies first level problems and escalates if necessary. Cannot make decisions independently aside from what is directly related to resolving ticket.
- High School diploma.
- A minimum of 1 year of desktop related experience providing routine end user support.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Windows environment; and familiarity with an IBM-compatible PC environment.
- AA degree in related field.
- Certifications such as Microsoft's MCSE and/or A+.
- Knowledge of computer hardware/software repair and formal training in the computer or electronics industry.
- Good oral and written communication skills as well as time management skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...