Job Code: INS02121031
- Be able to provide 24/7 call-in support (rotational basis) and be willing to travel up to 25%.
- Coordinates with client management to formulate complex technical solutions. Informs client management of appropriate developments in technical support products.
- Evaluates products and upgrades for appropriateness.
- Oversees and implements system upgrade strategies.
- Leads the design, implementation, and maintenance of complex solutions. Coordinates activities with other technical personnel as appropriate.
- Develops and analyzes highly complex system standards, thresholds, and recommendations to maximize system performance.
- Conducts capacity planning reviews with management and approves capacity plans formulated by less experienced personnel.
- Develops strategies to manage the frequency of appropriate support package/patch application.
- Monitors database maintenance and provides appropriate recommendations, when required.
- Coordinates with business development personnel on proposals and work estimates involving highly complex system administration projects and solutions.
- Researches current systems technology and serves as subject matter expert on complex systems processes and procedures.
- Provides technical leadership to internal and external personnel on highly complex system installation processes.
- Mentors and provides guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Provides technical leadership to appropriate personnel on highly complex system administration activities.
- Provides technical solutions and escalated support for non-routine, highly complex technical issues.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Seven or more years of technical experiences in a client-server environment
- Experience working with highly complex systems administration, database administration, and landscape maintenance
- Experience working with company products and services
- Experience working with company and client documentation and storage procedures
- Experience working with highly complex system implementations and organizational processes
This position requires the candidate to already possess an active Top Secret/SCI clearance with Polygraph and to maintain the clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
- Solaris 10 and Red Hat Linux O/S administration experience with rehosting applications from physical to virtual server systems.
- Experience with VMWare and/or Sun Virtualization
- Experience with implementing and sustaining virtual systems in a teaming environment
- Experience with Microsoft Windows is a plus
- Experience with OPSWare is a plus
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris Corporation - 2 years ago
Harris has ways to make its customers communicate. The company, which develops communications products for government and commercial...