Lighting Maintenance Inc (“LMI”) seeks a Safety Coordinator to provide education and instruction to employees in the recognition and elimination of hazards faced in daily maintenance and/or construction activities. Monitor field activities for compliance with LMI, customer, and government safety requirements. Maintain close communication with the Safety Director and LMI management team.
Reporting To: LMI Management
Direct Reporting: Safety Director
Location: Metro Area
- Administer weekly safety meetings
- Support the field staff with safety issues
- Complete accident investigations
- Track LMI’s PPE inventory
- Random project, work zone, and job site inspections, are required each day utilizing a Site Safety Inspection Checklist. These reports are to be submitted daily to the appropriate Manager and carbon copied to the Safety Director.
- Inspects, evaluates and monitors field operations for quality, efficiency and safety
- Monitors safety material and equipment orders and delivery arrangements to ensure cost effective materials and methods are used, and suggests corrective action when necessary
- Adheres to quality assurance program and monitors completion of work performed and compliance with applicable codes, regulations and standards.
- Monitors working conditions and work-related injuries to create a safe working environment for all employees
- Assists with employee training programs to ensure safe work place
- Conducts building safety and preventative maintenance inspections, and reports potential safety hazards in areas that might affect health, safety, comfort and/or effective use of shop resources
- Responds to emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on weekends or holidays, on an as needed basis.
- Provides on-the-job trade related instruction or training to shop personnel.
- Inspects all work vehicles for physical damage prior to shift
- Validates completed repairs as needed via physical nighttime inspection of asset function
- Assures a work area free from vehicular obstructions prior to crew arrival on site
- Coordinates with third party contractors relating to damage to the lighting infrastructure
- Conducts accident investigations and completes reports related thereto
- Observe and evaluate working conditions and workers activities relating to electrical performance and safety practices
- Maintain current knowledge database on all electrical and safety regulations
- Root Cause Analysis of injuries and claims
- High level of organization skills with the ability to prioritize and work effectively on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must have excellent customer service and employee relations skills and the ability to work with staff of all levels
1. Bachelor degree in Occupational Health and Safety or related discipline
2. Minimum of 1 year of experience in an electrical or construction environment
3. Working knowledge of OSHA requirements
4. Ability to interface with LMI’s field employees and customer in a professional manner
5. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
6. Completion of national safety training courses preferred
7. Licenses – Current clean drivers licenses (CDL-B preferred)
8. Education – High school Graduate, holder of G.E.D., or equivalent training
9. Electrical experience – 2 years
10. Bucket Truck Experience – 2 year
11. Safety Training - Work Zone
12. Computer- able to use Microsoft Office, email, and smart phone
1. Job requires working in all elements, depending on job location, time of year, heat, cold, rain & snow
2. Perform work at various heights up to 100’, working from ladders, bucket trucks, scaffolding, catwalks, aerial lifts or other safe working platforms
3. Work in restricted areas like switchgear rooms, manholes, utility tunnels, crawl spaces, attic spaces, etc..
4. Wear personal protective equipment (PPE), including Hard hat and safety glasses at all times
5. Each job site may be different, and must be accessed individually
6. Repetitive use of arms, hands and fingers
7. Able to work 10 hours a day, 40 hours a week, overtime and night shifts as required.
1. Positively identify colors of conductors
2. Temperature rating of conductors
3. Comprehends reading of blueprints and schematics
4. Must use all power tools, saws, drills, and knockout punches
5. Practices and comprehends safe work procedures as outlined in the company Safety Policy Handbook, Haz-com Policy, and Lockout – Tagout Policy
6. Operate two handed tools such as cable cutters, hammer drills, compression tools and jack hammers.
Operate company trucks with manual and automatic transmissions
7. Read and interpret maps, instructional manuals, specifications, work site directions, blue prints and written instructions
8. Operate and work from personal lifts, gas or electric powered
9. Operate equipment, trenchers, backhoes, lift trucks in a safe manner
10. Work energized circuits and equipment with company management approval as outlined in the Company safety Manual
11. Supervise assigned job site employees to complete projects
1. Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, crawl, climb, kneel, balance, push, pull, and reach overhead
2. Lift 75 pounds
3. Constantly moving on your feet, all day long
4. Climb ladders of all types
5. Complete overhead work for full day’s assignments
6. Possess good vision (normal or corrected)
LMI is an equal opportunity employer and Drug Free work environment. Benefits: health insurance, dental, vision, holidays, and vacation