JAAR-RL Sr. Software Engineer
US Citizenship Required for this Position
No relocation assistance available
Number of Openings
Northrop Grumman is seeking a motivated profession to join our team in Orlando, Florida as a JAAR-RL Senior Software Engineer. This position requires an Active Secret Clearance in order to be considered.
This person is part of an engineering team and is required to develop and oversee other developers of capabilities for the progression and sustainment of the JAAR-RL simulation capability. They will be required to integrate new capabilities with existing architecture and will be required to take the new capabilities out to fielded JAAR-RL cap. sites and integrate to the existing exercise system. Reviews, prepares and operates computer based model and simulations (M&S) over distributed networks. Reviews M&S to understand their purpose and roles in context of the Joint Training and Experimentation (JT&E) mission. Prepares, if necessary, and reviews M&S documentation, operating procedures, input databases, and expected output. Performs DoD Verification, Validation and Accreditation (VV&A) procedures and processes for JT&E supported M&S. Conducts sensitivity analyses for supported M&S databases. Adheres to published configuration management plans. Maintains liaison with Action Officers to resolve all M&S problems and errors. Assists in users M&S training for event players and augmentees.
Additional duties may include:
Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software. Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Ensures software standards are met.
1. Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
2. Must possess a minimum of 9 years relevant experience. In lieu of degree, 13 years of relevant experience, may be considered at the discretion of NGC.
4. Should have an understanding of Test Driven Development (TDD) concepts, SOA design patterns, and enterprise and web development technologies.
5. Must have experience with databases and their design.
6. Must have gone through complete development cycle for software products being: Design, Development, Deployment and maintenance.
7. Must have strong communication and presentations skills.
8. Must possess an Active Secret Clearance.
9. Must be a motivated individual who is self-managed and product oriented.
10. Must be a U.S. Citizen.
1. Experience with simulation protocols like HLA or DIS preferred.
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics,...