A cover letter detailing how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications for this position is required. You can upload a cover letter when you create an applicant profile.
The Director of Athletics and Campus Recreation is responsible for the planning, operation and administration of the athletics and recreational activities department including the Physical Education facility. Directs, coordinates and develops an NJCAA collegiate athletic program that includes men’s/women’s soccer, volleyball, men’s basketball, rodeo, equestrian, and cheer; as well as student recreational programs, and oversees the administrative, marketing and fund raising activities that support the athletic programs. Directs, coordinates, and develops community recreational programming appropriate for the facilities, including intramural sports to create an engaged student body; and programs to engage the community including, but not limited to summer camps for community and youth.
Benefits: 85% of health insurance premiums paid by the College, 21 vacation days fronted, 12 sick days, 2 personal days and 15 paid holidays annually. Typically 5-7 paid holidays from Christmas to New Year's Day. For full listing of benefits, visit http://lccc.wy.edu/about/humanresources/benefits .
Compensation: $60,000s depending on experience and education.
Closing Date: Position is open until filled. Screening to begin January 7, 2013.
Starting Date: As soon after hiring process as practical.
For information about Cheyenne click here .
- Serve as a member of the Student Services Leadership team
- Provide administrative leadership and budgetary oversight for all responsibility areas
- Actively lead responsibility areas in support of the College’s strategic plan and create an appropriate strategic plan for Athletics and Campus Recreation in support of the overall plan
- Prepare annual departmental reports
- Collaborate with College marketing and public relations department to arrange for marketing and communications of athletics, community, and campus recreational programs
- Steward campus resources and student fee resources judiciously and with integrity
- Act as “spokesperson” to promote and advocate for all responsibility areas
- Intentionally recommend, supervise, manage, and develop staff to their full potential and in support of the mission of the College
Physical Education Facilities
- Plan, direct and evaluate the operational, financial and personnel activities of the athletics department
- Develop and implement athletic five year plan including a full range of athletic department services and programs
- Provides leadership for fund raising activities and collaborates closely with the LCCC Foundation and Booster Club
- Prepare and manage annual Athletic Department budget and Physical Education facility budget
- Prepare NJCAA eligibility reports for all sports
- Prepare NJCAA letter of intents for all sports
- Administer intercollegiate athletics program; supervise and evaluate coaches; schedule or coordinate the scheduling of athletics contests; contract with game officials; arrange for event supervision and management
- Serve as institution’s athletics compliance coordinator
- Oversees production of athletic handbooks, bulletins, master athletic calendars
- Coordinates College vehicles for athletics travel
- Develops and provides a variety of student services and programs such as student athletic recruitment and retention, academic tracking, athletic eligibility, health and safety; makes recommendations in matters of student athlete discipline
Campus Recreation and Community Programming
- Develop, implement and administer departmental and facility operating policies and procedures
- Supervise utilization of the physical education/athletics facilities
- Recommend and review policies for student and community use of facilities
- In consultation with instructional personnel, coordinate athletic uses of training, weight room and other sports-related facilities
- Oversee the development, offering, and evaluation of intramural and other sports-related activities for the student body at LCCC
- Collaborates with other Student Services and campus entities to implement recreational activities for students
- Coordinates community sports programs such as youth sports camps to engage the community in LCCC athletics and facilities
Minimum Qualifications :
Preferred Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree in education, physical education, sports management, or related field.
- Three years of athletic administrative/management experience.
- Three years of supervisory experience.
- Professional fundraising experience.
- Possession of or ability to obtain, a valid driver’s license.
- Master’s degree in a related field.
- Three or more years of collegiate level coaching experience, preferably at the community college level.
- Experience administering recreation and sports-related activities for students and/or community.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Laramie County Community College is an equal opportunity and affirmative action educational institution and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, genetic information, political affiliation or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its educational programs or activities.
Laramie County Community College - 20 months ago