Under general supervision: performs general floor maintenance and housekeeping functions directed at maintaining the Medical Center and it’s facilities in a clean, sanitary, attractive and orderly condition.
- Cleans and disinfects patient carpeted and tiled floors.
- Cleans and disinfects patient care areas, public restrooms, administrative areas, kitchen, cafeteria, morgue and meeting rooms.
- Removes general and potentially infectious medical waste and transports it to a general holding and/or disposal area.
- Cleans and disinfects all types of body fluids and chemotherapy spills.
- Cleans windows, furniture, air diffusers and grilles, doors and entrances.
- Identifies mechanical or structural deficiencies in assigned areas and reports them for correction.
- Preserves the dignity of patients through maintaining strict confidentiality.
- Treats coworkers, customers and patients with respect and dignity and demonstrates PRIDE values.
- Adheres to medical center wide and departmental policies and procedures.
- Actively participates in medical center and departmental teams promoting continuous quality improvement and patient satisfaction.
- Exhibits and promotes a cooperative team spirit.
- Maintains regular and reliable attendance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Entry level position. After a sufficient training period, must be able to comprehend and demonstrate knowledge of institutional housekeeping activities and services; safety and regulatory standards; housekeeping equipment and supplies; supervisory principles and techniques.