SUNY Delhi is seeking a highly energetic, self-starter to join their admissions team. This entry level position participates in all functions of the admissions office and includes application review, on-campus interviews, as well as participation in on- and off-campus recruitment events.
Specific Duties Include:
- Manage a recruitment territory including: annual visits to high schools, attending college fairs, hosting recruitment events, communication/outreach, and annual progress reports.
- Work to track, complete, and yield applications for assigned region.
- Review completed applications for admission.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with high school counselors and other admissions professionals.
- Actively participate in staff meetings, training programs, and campus recruitment programs.
- Assist with the day-to-day needs of the office by entering and updating applicant data, filing, receiving phone calls, assisting with mail campaigns, and providing admissions presentations and campus tours.
- Develop a comprehensive schedule of recruitment activities and events including detailed travel itinerary and budget information. Recommend updates and revisions as needed.
- Maintain positive working relationships with the faculty and staff of the Offices of Campus life, Residential Life, Records and Registration and Student Financial Services. Maintain strong working knowledge of student policies and procedures within each of these departments.
- Perform other job-related duties or special projects as assigned.
- A Bachelors Degree
- A valid drivers license and the ability to travel and work flexible hours including evening and weekends.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- The ability to work with a diverse population.
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team of admissions professionals.
- Previous experience in a higher education setting desirable.
- Previous experience working with high school or college-aged students preferred.
- Banner experience
This is an 11 month position.
Starting Salary is $31,791 with an excellent benefits package.
To apply, please submit:
For full consideration, please apply before June 10, 2013 .
- Letter of interest
- Contact information for three professional references
SUNY Delhi - 11 months ago