An Information Technology Support Representative – Tier I’s goal is to document and assist with customer’s requests for assistance utilizing e-MDs software. This is accomplished through clear communication, trouble shooting, and utilization of resources. The successful experience of our customers depends on accurate, dependable, and timely resolution of all requests for assistance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responds to all incoming calls to our Support line, documenting all necessary information regarding the nature of the call, details surrounding the request for assistance, and steps taken to resolve the issue.
- Assist customers or onsite information technology professionals with installation, upgrade, setup, and configuration of e-MDs software on the customer’s network.
- Determine which calls are applicable to ITSR-TI skill set and which will need to be escalated.
- Must be able to quickly learn core task set for all modules of e-MDs Solution Series software suite.
- Create knowledge base articles for posting onto Customer Support Site which alert the customer to best practices and provide instructions of software functionality.
- Must be able to clearly communicate (verbal and written) in a professional manner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS DESIRED (but not required)
- Minimum of one year combined health care or phone-based customer service experience.
- Minimum of one year providing technical hands-on support in a professional environment.
- Ability to thrive in a high call volume environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are imperative for this position.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Experience with Microsoft XP and Vista operating systems.
- Must be available between the hours of 7AM – 7PM CST.
- Strong focus on customer service.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of medical billing or insurance.
- Familiar with Microsoft SQL Server 2003 and 2005, including database backups, basic table navigation, and utilizing scripts.
- Certification as a Microsoft Certified Professional, A+, or Network+.
e-MDs - 9 months ago