QuarterLine provides professional health care staffing services to military hospitals and health clinics across the United States. We are currently seeking a full-time Medical Laboratory Technologist at Warren Air Force Base in Cheyenne, Wyoming.
The duties include but are not limited to the following:
The Medical Laboratory Technologist will generally work between the hours of 7:30 am and 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Coordinate with supervisor in planning work flow and duty schedules for assigned section(s).
- Anticipate problems with tests to be performed and discusses possible solutions with the technicians.
- Provide specific instructions to technicians for new, difficult, or unusual assignments.
- Maintain status and progress of work, making day-to-day adjustments in work requirements in accordance with established priorities.
- Obtain assistance from the supervisor on irresolvable issues as necessary.
- Maintain records of work accomplished and time expended and prepare/review reports as required.
- Consults with other medical staff members to determine their requirements for effective patient care
- Elevate staff's feedback to supervisor.
- Perform/review clinical laboratory testing in accordance with established operating instructions, ensuring reporting of accurate results within established turnaround time.
- Manage administrative aspects of analytical testing by ensuring: - Compliance with routine quality control requirements - Adequate supply inventory - Compliance with accreditation standards - Prompt resolution of errors and quality concerns, filing variance or incident reports as applicable. - Troubleshooting analyzer problems, recognizing discrepancies, erroneous results, and taking appropriate follow up actions.
- Provide consultative support to medical staff concerning test selection, timing, specimen quality, and interpretation of results.
- Ensure accuracy information during annual Lab Guide review.
- Participate in research, evaluation, validation, and implementation of new instrumentation or methodology applicable to the clinical laboratory.
- Perform instrument calibration and method validations required. Adhere to infection control procedures to include the use of personal protective equirement and the disposal of biological hazardous waste.
- Participate in required in-service training and continuing medical education.
- Esure safe work environment and safe employee work habits.
- Assist with training laboratory staff and training programs.
Education. Possesses Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology, or BS/BA degree in a related scientific field with an internship in Medical Technology, or a minimum of 12 month's work experience in an accredited laboratory.
Certification. Certification as a Medical Technologist (or equivalent) by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists or American Medical Technologist (AMT).
QuarterLine - 14 months ago
QuarterLine provides EHR training to support the mission of the Military Health System, and facilitate enhanced user adoption of clinical...