POSITION SUMMARY Perform the duties required to assist Assembler with the disassembly and assembly of heavy and light pumps, valves, and allgire drives.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
1. Order parts to ensure that parts and quantities of same are present for assembly.
2. Check parts having mating surfaces for acceptable surface condition.
3. Assist with the preparation of sub-assemblies, i.e. press on rings, bearings, and bushings.
4. Assist with major assembly of unit.
5. Assist with post assembly pressure and/or rotational tests as required.
Physical/Visual Activities or Demands Physical/visual activities or demands that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach, push, pull, grasp, and talk. Employee is occasionally required to kneel, feel and hear.
2. The employee may be required to lift 25 to 60 pounds rarely and/or 5 to 25 pounds occasionally and move around large areas or to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects unassisted or with the use of a hoist.
3. Specific vision abilities required by this job include clarity of vision at 20 feet or more as well as 20 inches or less.
Environmental/Atmospheric Conditions Environmental and atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
Good working conditions with exposure to any number of elements but none present to the extent of being disagreeable.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Education Requires the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers including decimals and fractions. Simple reference use of formulas, charts, shop prints, specifications, and computer scanning devices.
Experience Requires a minimum of one year up to and including three years to gain sufficient knowledge to perform the requirements of the position.
Skills and Abilities which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position
1. Ability to read, write and apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written and oral form.
2. Ability to deal with problems involving standardized situations.
3. Ability to effectively work and interact with others.
4. Must have excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
Machines, Tools, Equipment and Work Aids which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position
Hand tools, crane, forklift, personal computer, telephone
License(s)/Certification(s) Required None Required
StlouisBestjobs - 8 months ago