The Special Education Teacher functions as an instructional leader on a multi-disciplinary team of professionals. Responsible for the assessment, planning, programming and provision of special education instruction in a milieu model of specialized services. Must have or be eligible for appropriate Connecticut State Certification in Special Education. Extensive Training and Professional Development provided.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS: - SUMMARY
• Initial or provisional Special Education Certification is essential.
• Previous experience working with special education students.
• Demonstrated ability in managing discipline, activities and special programs for students with special needs.
• Must fulfill competency based training requirements in TCI and Boys & Girls Village Social Skills Model.
• Must be able to respond to crisis, including the ability to physically restrain if necessary.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Experience with curriculum development.
• Ability to maintain calm, collegial relationships with students, staff and community.
• Commitment to learning as an ongoing opportunity and professional imperative
Apply Now: Interested candidates are invited to
submit a resume today!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.