Global Water Intelligence is the leading resource for news and analysis of the international water sector. American Water Intelligence, the US office of Global Water Intelligence, is seeking a local candidate to perform primary research and to generate web content focused on the North American municipal water sector. Candidate will examine Capital Improvement Plans and input data into database, using this work for leads to research, pursue and write articles. May also be called upon to maintain social media facets.
- Researching and locating municipal Capital Improvement Plans
- Data entry and content management
- Contacting municipalities for regular updates
- Researching, pitching and writing content on a weekly basis
Expected Skills or Attributes:
- Research and strong writing experience essential
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word and Excel
- Comfortable with computers and computer research
- Excellent phone manners
- Close attention to detail
- Self-motivated and pro-active
- Works well under deadlines
Four year degree in journalism, English or other research-focused social science preferred, but equivalent work experience acceptable. Familiarity with local government a plus but not required. Familiarity with business news a plus, but again, not required.
This is a full-time job for a candidate in the Austin area.
Wage is $11 - $13 hourly with travel allowance.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume and writing sample.