Works under general supervision to perform a variety of semi-skilled tasks of a maintenance nature on buildings and appurtenances and janitorial services. May supervise and/or direct inmates in routine cleaning and maintenance.
EEOC CODE: 70
Minimum Qualifications 1. Three (3) years generalized Maintenance and/or Mechanical experience; and
2. Must have at least a twelfth (12th) grade education; or
3. Equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
4. (PROOF OF EDUCATION, TRAINING AND OR EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED) Special Requirements 1. Must be able to function in a prison environment.
2. Must have a Valid Tennessee Driver's License or secure one as of employment date.
3. Must pass NCIC background check.
4. Must be willing to work all shifts, weekends and be on call.
5. Will be required to pass a physical and a drug test.
Duties and Responsibilities 1. Make minor repairs, mechanical and general in nature.
2. Make equipment checks.
3. Monitor boiler operations.
4. Keep records and make reports.
5. Perform cleaning activities, change HVAC filters, paint walls, floors and parking lots under supervision.
6. Make minor plumbing, mechanical, electrical, and carpentry repairs.
7. Check and replace non-working lighting.
8. Assist higher skilled maintenance personnel.
9. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities 1. General knowledge of common practices, methods and materials for maintenance of buildings and construction work.
2. Ability to work with people.
3. Ability to complete reports and requisitions.
4. Ability to perform boiler operations duties, and keep records and reports.
5. Ability to perform cleaning activities and to change HVAC filters
6. Ability to change all types of light bulbs.
7. Must have manual dexterity.
8. General knowledge of plumbing and ability to clean clogged drains and shut off water supply using plumbers tools. Shelby County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, national origin or handicap status
Shelby County Government participates in E-Verify
Equal Opportunity Employer
Memphis and Shelby County Health Department - 19 months ago
Shelby County Health Care Corporation, dba Regional Medical Center at Memphis (The MED), provides a variety of health care services to the...