We are currently seeking a Financial Analyst in Clearwater, FL to join our Credit & Collections Team.
Job Title: Financial Analyst
Financial Analyst will be working as part of a team in reviewing accounts, researching company information and performing credit reviews. Primary Job Functions include: Analyze customer financial condition and authorize customer credit lines, minimize bad debt risk, maximize accounts receivable collections, assist with order management, reconcile customer statements/billings, communicate credit department and company payment policies and participate in process improvement projects, and support other management directives as prescribed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge & Experience:
- Assess credit risk and establish credit limits.
- Analyze customer financial statements.
- Provide financial order management support to Supply Chain and Sales and Marketing personnel to control credit exposure, effect timely payment, and minimize risk of customer disputes.
- Conduct collection calls and customer visits to collect Accounts Receivables.
- Negotiate customer disputes to resolution and documents root cause.
- Provide customer service and develops relationships with internal/external customers and suppliers.
- Maintain accurate credit files and collection files. Maintain electronic collect notes for each customer account.
- Market, train, counsel, advise, and communicate credit department policy and procedures to company personnel.
- Participate in major department projects and take an active role in cross-functional teams to assist in driving quality improvements, processes, and initiatives.
- Actively participates and communicates in the team-based work groups that make up the Credit Department. Job
Skills & Ability:
- Bachelors degree required in Accounting/Finance or equivalent
- Apply basic accounting principles in the interpretation of customer financial statements.
- Effectively secure prompt payment from customers while employing commercial sensitivity, business acumen, and good judgment.
- Effective business writing and professional communication skills.
- Demonstrated Effective Customer Service Skills.
VeriFone is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Excellent technical knowledge of invoice processing and analysis techniques.
- Strong organizational skills, interpersonal skills, and communication skills to interact with all levels of an organization.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Multitasking capabilities.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast pace environment
- Ability to mentor and develop accounting skills for accounting staff.
VeriFone doesn't mind long check-out lines, but it does try to make them move faster. The company is a leading supplier of electronic...