Electronic Systems has an immediate need for a IT Project Manager, to join their Professional Services Team. The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to liaise with clients, end users, technical engineers and high level management.
The Technical Project Manager will assist in directing, planning and coordinating the activities of IT infrastructure projects. They will conduct regular client visits to monitor the project progress and coordinate issue resolution.
The Professional Services Team tackles a wide variety of projects, all of which vary in length, level of difficulty and location. Each project will have a different client, a different technical environment and a new set of obstacles and challenges. Because of this, the Project Manager needs to be adaptable, resourceful and team orientated. The Project Manager needs to be a fast learner and a creative problem solver. Organizational skills and attention to detail are a must. They will need to set and manage priorities judiciously, while articulating ideas, updates and issues to technical and non-technical audiences.
This candidate can work at any of the following ESI office locations: Virginia Beach, VA, Richmond, VA or Columbia, MD.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Coordinating and scheduling the appropriate resources and engineers needed for the project.
- Building a strong, professional relationship with the client and maintaining consistent communication at all times during the project.
- Scheduling and facilitating project team meetings.
- Identifying obstacles and taking independent action to resolve when possible.
- Coordinating issue resolution with the team.
- Escalating issues to management when appropriate.
- Coordinating changes from the original project scope and relaying these updates to the team.
- Updates and distributes all pertinent documentation.
- Prepares status reports as needed throughout the project.
- Prepares final reports upon project completion, helping the team to continually focus on process improvement. (Reports should cover scope of project, resources used, hours billed, issues that arose, etc.)
- Some travel required
- 2+ years of technical project management experience for infrastructure projects (i.e. storage, virtualization and/or networking, IP telephony)
- Basic understanding of IT technologies
- Strong understanding of project management process.
- Confidence working with customer personnel, ESI engineers and ESI account executives, including the highest levels of management.
- Proven track record of managing multiple complex interactive projects from plan to delivery, dealing with risk mitigation, issue management and project status reporting.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Detail and process orientated
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure
- Strong sense of urgency and initiative
- Excellent leadership skills
- Dynamic personality
ESI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and maintains a drug-free workplace.
Since 1980, Electronic Systems has grown into the region’s largest provider of customized technology solutions for business. The...