Join our team! King County’s Business Resource Center (BRC) is seeking a supervisor for the E-Business Suite (EBS) Section to manage a team of Procure-to-Pay (P2P) functional analysts responsible for the Oracle Accounts Payable (AP), iExpense, eBusiness Tax, Purchasing, iProcurement, Approvals Management Engine, and Inventory modules. As a functional lead, this individual will work closely with business owners and other BRC supervisors and managers to prioritize requests and production issues. They will schedule and oversee daily and project work activities for the team and ensure functional quality control, operational consistency, and cross-team collaboration. |
This position will act as the business expert in the evaluation of P2P change and enhancement requests, conduct cost-benefit analysis, and assist with the BRC Change Management Board. In addition, they will be assure that industry and General Accounting Standards Board (GASB) standards are met and best practices are observed for the functional portion of the software development life-cycle. The ideal candidate will be a functional analyst who has experience with production support efforts and involvement with ERP implementations.
Why Work for King County? King County offers an outstanding benefits package including employer paid medical and dental benefits, 12 paid holidays, vacation with pay, life insurance, transit passes, and much more. Please see the Benefits tab in this recruitment or visit our website to learn about King County’s commitment to employee’s health and well-being: http://www.kingcounty.gov/employees/ .
Additional to note: There is no local or state income tax in Washington State.
Required Materials: King County Application, Resume and responses to the supplemental questions.
For questions about this recruitment contact : Margie Viall at 206-263-1060 or email@example.com
* Supervise the work activities of functional analysts supporting the Oracle EBS Accounts Payable, iExpense, eBusiness Tax, Purchasing, iProcurement, and Inventory modules. Provide assistance, guidance and direction with difficult or unusual problems and situations. Evaluate work performance, conduct performance appraisals, recommend and/or implement disciplinary actions and lead recruitments. Identify training, coach and mentor employees to support ongoing development.
* Monitor, organize, assign, and prioritize requests for system changes, customizations, and on-going and competing work demands. Review and approve proposed system interfaces, enhancements, and upgrades prior to implementation.
* Act as a master functional leader; review functional specifications for system modifications in consideration for integration impacts, cost/benefit, best practices, and process improvements. Resolve complex system problems; develop solutions for the most complex and critical production problems. Assist to define a strategic roadmap in the Procure-to-Pay arena.
* Facilitate and coordinate Oracle EBS strategic and tactical P2P work activities with EBS users and business owners and the BRC Oracle EBS development team; discuss issues, analyze and resolve problems, schedule tasks and make recommendations to the EBS Manager on priorities.
* Act as a representative and conduit to change management and governance teams.
Facilitate and lead team meetings to plan for the implementation of changes to business processes supported by the Oracle functional support team. Lead small, blended project teams spanning multiple operational units in implementing Oracle P2P system project initiatives.
* Analyze operating and business operating procedures. Identify and recommend process efficiencies. Facilitate and lead strategic planning and process improvement teams in support of systems.
* Ensure that system functions remain in compliance with all accounting standards, legal requirements, and King County policy. Participate in audit compliance inquiries and year end requests for system modifications. Monitor system compliance with reported legislative and county changes.
* Participate in vendor management and software package selection utilizing expertise in functional systems analysis.
Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills:
* Demonstrated experience as a supervisor of direct reports (including hiring, assigning work, evaluating, addressing discipline and managing other personnel issues) and assisting staff with goal development, setting performance standards, mentoring, recommending training and developing skill sets.
* Two years full-time experience working with at least two of the Oracle EBS P2P Modules listed in the job description in a support environment, or experience working with P2P modules in other comparable enterprise systems such as SAP, JD Edwards, or PeopleSoft.
* Demonstrated experience with Financial Accounting (General Ledger, Fixed Assets, Projects, Grants) or Order-to-Cash (Receivables, Cash Management, Order Management) business streams as well as functional experience with at least one of its associated modules.
* Two years of experience working with general accounting principles, including experience with the key financial management aspects of Inventory, AP, and Purchasing
* Experience with financial applications and a basic understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
* Knowledge of testing procedures and methodology
* Advanced skills with analysis and design, including working with multiple stakeholders to understand business requirements, system integration and business process redesign.
* Experience with methodology and best practices to configure, test, and support Oracle EBS resulting in improved business processes and efficiencies. Experience conducting organizational business practice analysis, work flow analysis, and process re-engineering
* Strong oral and written communication skills, analytical and problem-solving skills, conflict resolution and decision making.
* Demonstrated ability to identify and apply efficient processes to complete work within a team environment; organize resources and activities, separate and combine tasks for maximum results with fewer resources; and identify opportunities for synergy and integration.
* Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining an effective team (fostering open dialog, building consensus, creating strong morale and responsibility for work).
* Intermediate-level skills in Microsoft Word , Excel , and Outlook
- Oracle EBS Release 12.1.3 functional support or implementation experience
- Experience in large public sector organizations
- Experience using Agile / Lean methodologies in support environments
- Two or more consecutive years of experience working as a supervisor
- Two years of leadership experience managing project teams crossing multiple organizational units
- Experience with an upgrade or implementation of new and/or integrating technologies (including defining requirements, assessing and selecting products and services, and the design and implementation of said technologies)
- Experience using automated test tools with EBS
- Strong project management skills (including creation and management of work plans, measurement and evaluation of progress and results and inclusion of feedback loops).
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must show experience and qualifications that meet at least the minimum requirements in their King County application and/or attached resume.
Recruitment Process: The most competitive applicants will be invited to an in-person interview. A final offer of employment and hire will be contingent on successfully completing a criminal background check and reference check.
Work Schedule: This position is exempt from the FLSA requirements and is not overtime-eligible. Normal work hours are 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. The incumbent may be required to work extended and/or flex scheduled work hours to respond to service needs.
Union Membership : This position is not represented.
King County - 30+ days ago
King County provides regional services to over 1.9 million residents including more than 340,000 people living in unincorporated areas....