Under the direction of the IT Sr Manager, the IT Server and Analyst is responsible for supporting and maintaining the server, AS400, Network, and Voice over IP (VOIP) infrastructure following standards and global processes established by corporate IT.
Major duties and responsibilities include:
1. Performs support and maintenance of McPherson server and data network environments to ensure maximum availability and provides guidance and oversight on McPherson evnironment.
2. Experience installing, configuring, and supporting Cisco 7K series switches.
3. Cisco certification is required.
4. Performs server/network installations and configuration as part of day-to-day operations and/or infrastructure projects as instructed by the IT infrastructure manager.
5. Performs installation, configuration, and support of the McPherson data network including network switches, wireless access points and controllers, data security, and Active Directory Configuration.
6. Uses tools such as Remedy and Clarity to manage assigned Incidents, Service Requests, Problems, and Changes prioritize work effort, and track progress against deadlines/milestones/service levels.
7. Maintains McPherson server and network documentation.
8. Work with AS/400 application/system development for McPherson activities.
9. Performs server and network administrator functions including the application of Windows software patches and security updates as directed by corporate IT.
10. Provides input into the design and configuration of the McPherson network infrastructure following corporate standards developed by the CTO organization.
11. Interfaces with corporate IT to support the WAN between McPherson and the corporate network.
12. Performs scheduled disaster recovery testing Windows server environment and assists Server & Network Manager in maintaining disaster recovery plans and procedures following the standards established by corporate IT.
13. Follows corporate processes and standards. Examples include Enterprise Architecture standards, ePMO processes for project planning and execution, IT operations processes and performance metrics as defined by corporate IT Service Mgmt and practices as defined by Information Risk and Security Mgmt.
14. Participates in root cause analysis working sessions when directed by the IT infrastructure Manager to identify the root cause of outages. Implements corrective actions to ensure the elimination of those causes such that outages do not recur.
15. Follows corporate IT infrastructure change mgmt processes to ensure change execution does not impact plant manufacturing and/or quality operations.
16. Prioritizes work effort to ensure that commitments made to plant leadership to deliver projects and/or daily operations services are met on a consistent basis.
17. Changes work behavior as instructed by the IT Infrastructure Manager to drive service quality improvements when necessary.
18. Performs consistent execution of IT infrastructure preventative maintenance procedures.
19. Implements, maintains, and monitors IT infrastructure tools (such as network monitoring).
20. Participates in the plant IT infrastructure 24x7 coverage model for McPherson and integration with other Device plants. Responsible for engaging enterprise IT teams and/or third party vendors to resolve IT infrastructure outages where appropriate.
21. Acts as Level 2 or 3 support escalation for the Desktop Support Team and IT Wellness Center when required .
22. Provides support for the McPherson server and network infrastructure where required because of escalation, as part of the IT infrastructure 24/7 coverage model, or due to illness/vacation of the primary McPherson support resource
- BS or equivalent required.
- 5-10 years demonstrable technical experience in Windows or Unix server and PC environment.
- Local Area Network administration experience is required.
- Demonstrable experience in the identification, description, analysis, and solution of server and network problems and a sound understanding of system hardware functionality.
- Practical knowledge of ITIL best practice process framework for IT Operations.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills are required.
- Demonstrable attitude to drive projects or initiatives to conclusion with extreme urgency is required.
- Good interpersonal skills are required.
- Customer service oriented.
Hospira helps hospitals heal the hurting. The company makes specialty injectable pharmaceuticals (primarily generics) including...