Great American Insurance Group’s roots go back to 1872 with the founding of its flagship company, Great American Insurance Company. Based in Cincinnati, Ohio, the operations of Great American Insurance Group are engaged primarily in property and casualty insurance focusing on specialty commercial products for businesses, and in the sale of traditional fixed and fixed-indexed annuities in the education, bank and individual markets. Great American Insurance Company has received an "A" (Excellent) or higher rating from the A. M. Best Company for over 100 years (most recent rating evaluation effective March 29, 2012). The members of the Great American Insurance Group are subsidiaries of American Financial Group, Inc. (AFG), also based in Cincinnati, Ohio. AFG’s common stock is listed and traded on the New York Stock Exchange and the Nasdaq Global Select Market under the symbol AFG.
- Reviews and processes new and / or renewal applications for annuities.
- Verifies applications for completeness.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of regulatory, technical and / or underwriting guidelines to assess applications for compliance.
- Complies with company and regulatory guidelines / requirements.
- Refers more complex applications to more senior level employees.
- Responds to routine inquiries from agents and other areas (i.e., cash processing, billing, customer service, etc.).
- Enters new applications into appropriate company systems in accordance with quantity and quality standards.
- May calculate new premiums.
- May assemble the new policy and associated documentation. May maintain filing systems.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of department policies and procedures, as well as the business and organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Industry experience within Insurance or Financial Services field.
- 1 to 3 years related experience.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to work overtime during peak periods.
- Data entry experience.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office
Great American Insurance Group - 16 months ago
Great American Insurance Group is engaged primarily in property and casualty insurance ("P&C"), focusing on specialized...