Linux Appliance Platform Developer
Blue Coat Systems Canada – Waterloo, Ontario
Blue Coat Systems is the technical leader in application delivery networking. Blue Coat offers an application delivery network infrastructure that optimizes and secures the flow of information to any user, on any network, anywhere. Blue Coat offers unmatched visibility into the security and performance of business applications and web traffic running across the networks of the distributed enterprise and provides the comprehensive application and user control required to contain costs, enhance business productivity and respond quickly to changing business requirements. Trusted by many of the world's largest organizations including 97 of the Fortune 100, Blue Coat has shipped more than 100,000 appliances.
The Waterloo Engineering group is looking for Linux appliance platform developers interested in a challenge. You will be working on an experienced and quality focused agile team. You will be using state of the art technology to deliver the next generation appliance platform to our product teams.
We are looking for someone with
- 5+ years of application development experience:
o Experience with Bash, Python
o Experience with Make, Ant
o Experience with Linux (Ubuntu/Debian, CentOS/RHEL)
o Experience with revision control systems (such as Perforce, SVN, GIT)
The following would be a real plus for the position:
- BSc or Masters in Computer Science or Engineering
- A passion for building high quality software
- Advanced object-oriented design and debugging skills
If you are looking for a challenge in a fast paced company, join Blue Coat!
- Agile and XP practices (TDD, Unit Testing, Paired Programming)
- Apache httpd, Tomcat
- Experience with RDBMS (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Linux system administration
- Linux kernel development/customization/optimization
- Linux device driver development
- Experience with Anaconda, RPMs, Koji
- Experience with PXE Linux