Responsible for safely delivering grocery and perishable product to company stores as scheduled and for safely transporting backhauls to distribution centers.
Requires ability to safely operate tractor trailer while maintaining the company’s driving performance standards. Assist in unloading deliveries at stores. Follow proper pre-trip procedures (ex. check tire pressure, oil, lights, fluid, and check tires.) Maintain and follow all proper delivery and pick up paperwork and procedures. Maintain all Department of Transportation (DOT) paperwork and qualifications. Pick up backhauls at vendor locations, assuring proper count and condition of load. Verify proper operating condition of equipment used. Adhere to all company guidelines, policies and standard practices.
This description is intended to outline the primary responsibilities, general nature and level of work being performed by associate assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and competencies.
Carrier Safety Regulations handbook
- Knowledge of all DOT regulations
- Knowledge of proper use of equipment
- Must have good written and oral communication and be able to speak English
- Meet all requirements (physical and otherwise) set by the DOT Federal Motor
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop and lift up to 70 lbs. Commercial driver’s license
- Must be 21 years of age. Must have a minimum of 3 years tractor trailer driving
school and a certificate of completion is presented
- One year of experience can be waived if a graduate of an approved truck driving
last 3 year rolling period
- Must not have more than one moving violation against your driving record in the
Food Lion is a king among grocery chains in the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic regions where it operates about 1,345 supermarkets under the Food...