Staff Nurse Labor and Delivery (PRN 2) - 1347333
Direct and/or indirect total, holistic clinical nursing care of adolescent, adult and/or geriatric patients. Directs and guides personnel assigned, including clinical partners, support partners and clerical partners. Delivers age appropriate education, care and support to all age groups that are provided services on the assigned unit. Utilizes critical thinking skills in planning care that takes into consideration the patient’s conditions and complications, as well as the psychosocial impact of hospitalization on the family. Administers medication in a safe and timely manner. Assesses the patient continuously, in collaboration with the primary care provider, patient care management and other disciplines to provide comprehensive patient care. Additional responsibilities based upon area/unit assignments:
Labor and Delivery – Assessment and care of patients during the antepartum and intrapartum periods Utilizing fetal and maternal monitoring. Is a patient advocate and develops a plan of care with collaboration from other disciplines and with consideration of the family’s desires during the labor and delivery process.
Responsible for circulating in the OR during C-sections deliveries, tubal ligations and D&C. Assists in the initial assessment and delivery of emergency care to the neonate.
Graduate from a recognized school of nursing as a Registered Nurse is required. Possess a valid and current Registered Nurse License issued by the state of Georgia. Current BCLS certification. (ACLS if required by department.)
1. Compiles and analyzes patient data.
2. Develops plan of care.
3. Implements interventions.
4. Evaluates patient’s progress.
5. Supervises activities of designated health care team members.
6. Appropriately evaluates developmental age of the patient when performing assessments, treatments and providing education for clients of various age groups.
7. Performs nursing practice in accordance with Professional Practice Model for Piedmont Hospital.
8. Participates in periodic review of quality and appropriateness of patient care. (PI)
9. Attends meetings as required by department.
10. Assumes responsibility for maintaining own current and complete competency file.
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Atlanta
Organization: Piedmont Hospital
Schedule: Per Diem
Job Posting: Feb 4, 2013, 10:44:00 AM
Piedmont Healthcare is system of five hospitals and 100 physician and specialist offices across greater Atlanta and North Georgia. For more...