Develops and executes short- and long-term strategic manufacturing plans using inputs and direction from management. Ensures these plans support company goals. Implements and directs the manufacturing processes in the most efficient manner possible within the given constraints.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Percentage of time
Directs and coordinates all activities involved with manufacturing operations. Sets goals including schedule attainment and operator error rates, and measures performance.
Regularly communicates with peers, subordinates, and internal and external customers concerning manufacturing schedule and issues. Focuses on customer service. Actively supports and participates in the implementation of team-based operations at the plants.
Prepares and recommends operating plans for the manufacturing groups and monitors results against budget.
Directs the training and development of Manufacturing employees to insure there is an adequate and competent staff to accomplish required tasks. Insures employees will function successfully in a team-based environment.
Acts as a technical advisor and coach to peers, subordinates and others in areas of Manufacturing. Participates on the Validation Committee.
Approves Master Production Batch Records.
Develops and recommends Manufacturing improvements and changes and fosters an environment of continuous improvement to insure efficient, cost-effective operations. Maintains labor and machine capacity within prescribed limits. Identifies and implements changes and improvements where indicated.
Ensures regulatory compliance and a safe work environment within function
Performs other duties as assigned or required. Follows Teva safety policies and procedures.
Schedules are attained within required tolerances.
Operator error rates are maintained within required tolerances.
Labor and machine capacity is maintained within required tolerances.
Regulatory audits are favorable.
Teams, coaches, and mentors are fully trained and competent.
B.S. in business or sciences
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 10 years related experience in pharmaceutical, chemical, biochemical or other related manufacturing environment. Minimum 6 years management or project management experience.
- M.S. degree with minimum 7 years related experience in pharmaceutical, chemical, biochemical or other related manufacturing environment. Previous management or project management experience is required.
- Ph.D. degree with minimum 5 years related experience in pharmaceutical, chemical, biochemical, or other related manufacturing environment. Previous management or project management experience is required.
Candidates possessing an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Previous experience as a Production Manager for Dispensing/Granulation and Liquids/Semisolids or Packaging Manager.
Specialized or Technical Knowledge Licenses, Certifications needed:
- Complete working knowledge of GMP requirements and SOPs
- PCCP Mentor certification
Teva Pharmaceuticals - 12 months ago
When the pharmacist asks you if a generic equivalent is acceptable, Teva hopes you'll say "yes." Teva Pharmaceuticals USA,...