Operations & Maintenance
Interest Sub Category:
Technician/ Field Services
Job Title :
Type of Position:
•High School Diploma or equivalent.
•Minimum five years experience providing construction inspection and review services for municipal construction projects.
•Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to convey thoughts clearly and concisely.
•Valid Driver’s License.
•Current and valid Delaware Certified Construction Reviewer (CCR) certification.
The Infrastructure and Environment Division of URS is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Field Technician for immediate employment. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an established career in construction inspection and review services specific to municipal facility construction projects. URS is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects. The incumbent can look forward to projects including review of ongoing pump station rehabilitation projects, gravity and force main sewer services, stormwater management facilities, roadways and other similar projects.
• May assist in the preparation of engineering or survey documents.
• Participates in environmental health and safety performance improvement efforts.
• Helps establish, track and drive improvement in health and safety standards including training, corrective actions, audits and compliance.
• Observes and tests work in progress to ensure conformity with engineering specifications.
• Prepares field logs, correspondence and data/progress reports.
• May work closely with client, field manager or project manager.
• Plans, implements and/or compiles field investigation and testing programs.
• Develops and implements project QC programs for field.
• Recognizes problems and anticipates future requirements.
• Performs regular and often complex computations and calculations.
• Exercises independent judgment.
• Fully qualified technician performing a variety of senior level tasks.
• The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to those listed above.
URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.
With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction...