Jobs in this category are responsible for: selling and servicing customers within one or more departments, including Lands’ End, Footwear, and Fine Jewelry; maintaining knowledge of products and using this knowledge to assist and educate customers on options available; providing customer assistance; and delivering a positive customer shopping experience. In general, pay for jobs in this category is based on a fixed hourly rate of pay; however, the compensation structure may vary by department or store.
• Takes ownership for enhancing the customer experience, assisting customers by utilizing approved consultative selling practices and guidelines to identify customer needs and provide appropriate solutions
• Consistently meets or exceeds associate performance standards
• Understands website navigation, and proactively leverages technology in order to facilitate the customer experience and provide customer solutions when the product is not available in the store
• Maintains current knowledge of merchandise lines; product features, benefits and availability; Sears Advantages, such as the price match and price protection policies; and, if applicable, delivery, installation and/or service options to respond to customer needs
• Optimizes credit, gift card, Shop Your Way Rewards and multi-channel opportunities (and, where applicable, Protection Agreements, Sears Purchase Protect, delivery, installation and other miscellaneous income opportunities)
• Processes customer transactions in the Point of Sale system, including sales, returns and exchanges in accordance with authorized procedures
• Completes required training in the expected timeframe, and participates in ongoing learning opportunities
• Partners with other selling and sales support associates and cashiers to provide superior customer service (i.e., locate merchandise, assist customers, answer phones and ring register)
• Maintains merchandise standards and ready all day standards within assigned departments, including replenishment and housekeeping for associates in all departments (and ad set up/take down for associates in Home Appliances, Fine Jewelry and Footwear; pad set up for associates in Home Improvement)
• Uses basic internet navigation to access and print information and reports
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Basic reading, arithmetic, writing and oral communication skills
• Basic internet navigation
Sears Holdings Corp. - 11 months ago
Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based...