San Diego, CA
BASIC PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Quality Assurance Technician performs routine tasks and semi-routine tasks to ensure product compliance with quality standards. The Quality Assurance Technician also performs complex product tests with limited direction of an Engineer. The Quality Technician must have the ability to perform tests, analyze data and perform inspections described in the essential functions of this job description and the ability to interpret the results, create reports derived from those tests and inspections.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
1. Perform certification and release of production material as directed by Quality work instructions, including communicating with customer Quality representatives, the condition of certified product.
2. Provide QC support to production departments. Which can include assisting line inspectors in evaluating material where needed, and conducting training on correct methods to perform QC tests and inspections.
3. Provide support to Solar Gard Quality team for tracking and reporting as it relates to customer feedback, suppliers and Solar Gard Operations for effective analysis of quality concerns. This will include managing of warranty, complaints, CAPA system and weekly/monthly reports.
4. Understands and enforces ISO 9001 procedural requirements, and provide management reporting for the internal audit process. Set schedule for internal audits, determine audit requirements and ensure timely completion.
5. Perform training for Quality and other departments on procedure and document updates.
6. Participate in management of the Quality document control system.
7. Performs inspections and tests of film product characteristics including: UV transmission; surface resistivity; optical density; reflectivity; haze adhesion and scratch resistance of scratch-resistant coating; curl; color; and peel strength.
8. Performs raw material inspections and including laboratory draw-downs and incoming inspection to ensure the quality of components used to make products.
9. Perform visual inspection of products and grade them according to visual standards. This requires no color-blindness and vision equal to or correctable to 20/20.
10. Perform routine calibration of production test equipment such as optical densitometers and load frames.
11. Utilize the computer-based business systems and work in a MS Windows environment to; enter and retrieve data; maintain accurate data bases; analyze data and provide reports for use by the organization.
1. Storage and organization of archive samples of products.
2. Participate as a team member in Quality, and perform other support activities as assigned.
3. Assist the Quality Engineering staff in the development, documentation and training of quality test and inspection methods.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION:
1. This position may require shifts that include weekend or second/third shift assignments.
2. Written and verbal skills including the ability to read specifications written in English, write brief reports describing test results and legible handwriting are required.
3. An AA degree or equivalent technical education and two years of quality, inspection or test related experience is required.
4. The ability to use computer-based business systems, working in an MS Windows and SAP environment to enter and retrieve data is vital.
5. Demonstrated ability to measure products with equipment provided in a lab environment or in the factory.
6. Conduct data analysis to support Quality Department investigations for process capability, test results, gage R&R, etc.
Axelon Services Corporation - 18 months ago