The story of Bank of the West is a rich tale of growth, progress and innovation spanning more than a century. For over 135 years, listening and responding to the needs of our customers and communities has been central to our business philosophy. Bank of the West is a premier financial services company that serves more than 2 million households in 19 states, from California, the Pacific Northwest and the Southwest across the Rocky Mountains and Great Plains into the Midwest. And our specialty divisions serve customers nationwide. With more than 700 banking locations across 19 states and a team of more than 10,000 employees, Bank of the West serves the banking needs of all major market segments – consumer, small, middle market, and large commercial enterprises, and government entities. We’ve developed innovative products and services, and a sophisticated approach to credit. We always remember we are in a “people business,” and no matter how large we become, we never lose sight of the individual customer. Bank of the West is fully owned by BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world.
We currently have an opening in our Equipment Finance Division for a Lease Contract Specialist. This position will be responsible for creating or reviewing all necessary lease and loan documentation for the most complex leases while working with internal resources to document, track and price assigned leases. Responsible for completing all UCC filings. This position will also Oversee and possibly lead the work of other Lease Contract Specialists.
In this important role you will:
1. Effectively review complex middle market lease approvals and informal information sheets in order to create or review all the necessary lease and loan documentation, including any non-standard and additional paperwork to meet all of the requirements of the CR (Credit Request). Oversee and review documentation created by other Lease Contract Specialists.
2. Work closely with account officer, broker or discounter, sales officer, customer or vendor to coordinate all aspects of the lease or loan paperwork in order to meet the funding deadline. Cover all costs including foreign exchange rate locks, tax and billing information up front and communicates with the account officer, vendor or broker/discounter on any outstanding issues. Establishes and develops relationships with Bank customers to enhance future business opportunities.
3. Identify and negotiate complex language or issues. Identify and propose document language and solutions to any outstanding issues for approval by Documentation Manager, credit officer or counsel.
4. Create any and all amendments and addenda and/or oversees the creation of said documents. Communicate any changes to all interested parties.
5. Accurately create and complete BOW systems input sheets and disbursement sheets for each transaction detailing all aspects of the deal for vendor payments, customer reimbursements, invoicing, pricing spreads and tax information for tax reporting purposes. Assist and review junior Lease Contract Specialists to ensure BOW document standards.
6. Confirm and update pricing using the appropriate price modeling tools prior to sending out docs and again at time of funding. May assist manager in reviewing pricing with junior Lease Contract Specialists prior to funding.
7. Accurately complete UCC filings as required on a timely basis. Order/analyze UCC searches and creates all necessary release/subordination documents for signature by secured parties prior to funding.
8. Communicate proper title preference for titled vehicles and tracks and follows for receipt of original titles.
9. Oversee the organization of documents of each file to ensure original chattel is placed in vault and files are properly assembled and secured in designated file cabinets. Directly responsible for tracking and receiving any follow-up items.
- Associates degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 6 - 8 years of leasing and contract experience
- Thorough knowledge of legal concepts; legal entities and significance of proper legal name; elements of a lease contract and purpose thereof; Master Lease, Schedule, Guaranty, Acceptance, End of Lease documentation, Opinion of Counsel; as well as intent and purpose of Uniform Commercial Code; Title of equipment; DMV; and Real Property Waivers.
- Strong understanding of both the credit approval process and all lease structures to the effect of its interrelationship of economic, legal and accounting issues.
- In-depth understanding of cost in various contexts and the ability to perform calculations within the established guidelines.
- Thorough knowledge of the difference between business and legal issues and who can resolve problems relating to specific kinds of issues.
- Ability to propose document language for approval by manager, credit officer or counsel.
- Thorough understanding of BOW policy and procedures.
- In-depth knowledge of leasing documents, approval memos and information sheets with a thorough understanding of the purpose and use of each document and ability to ensure all requirements are met.
- Strong knowledge of lease accounting software programs.
- Ability to handle complex lease and loan transactions independent of supervision.
- Highly skilled at resolving problems.
- Efficiently handles a high volume of transactions with a low error rate
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proven supervisory skills
Bank of the West - 4 years ago
What is now Bank of the West has expanded over 130 years from the California frontier to its current position. The bank now serves nearly 4...