Who we are: |
Basho Technologies is the leader in highly-available, distributed database technologies used to power scalable, data-intensive Web, mobile, and e-commerce applications and large cloud computing platforms. Basho customers, including fast-growing Web businesses and large Fortune 500 enterprises, use Riak to implement content delivery platforms and global session stores, to aggregate large amounts of data for logging, search, and analytics, to manage, store and stream unstructured data, and to build scalable cloud computing platforms.
Basho is headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts with offices in San Francisco, California; Reston, Virginia, and London, England.
We are looking for developers to work on Riak and Basho ’s next generation of products. You must be:
• a good software developer driven by pride in a job well done
• possess an abundantly-positive attitude
Everything else can be accomplished in a few weeks with your nose in a few books like Programming Erlang: Software for a Concurrent World, some coffee, and a few Skype calls with the team.
Skills you should have:
• Five years of professional software development experience in a Unix-based environment.
• Two years of development experience with IP-based protocols.
• Fluency in Erlang or another functional language.
• Fluency in C and Unix systems development a plus.
• Background in database (relational or otherwise) design, tuning and implementation strongly encouraged.
• Knowledge and expertise in software engineering methodologies and effective unit testing.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
People like our dogged commitment to service and therefore tolerate our bugs. In return we work really hard to take care of them and kill the bugs. And then they thank us and help us pay our salaries. This position will be rewarding, and you ’ll play a pivotal role in the growth, success, and longevity of the best data storage and distributed systems software available today. If that sounds cool, we look forward to hearing from you. Send along your resume, a short cover letter/introduction, and anything else you think is appropriate.
Basho Technologies - 20 months ago