Are you ready to experience the difference? Plexus Corp. provides comprehensive product development and manufacturing services to Fortune 500 companies in the Networking/Communications, Medical, Industrial/Commercial and Defense/Security/Aerospace industries. At Plexus you will work with knowledgeable employees in a global spirit of cooperative teamwork, integrity and drive. We provide quality services to such customers as GE, Johnson & Johnson, Honeywell, Siemens, and Juniper Networks. Together we will transform our customer's cutting edge ideas into market leading products by employing a wide variety of services including product design, state-of-the-art prototyping, test solutions, board-level manufacturing and higher-level assembly. At Plexus we take pride in our employees and our services. Join our team today and experience the difference that Plexus has to offer.
To plan and manage limited scope product development projects for Plexus Engineering Solutions' customers.
- Responsible for effectively managing all aspects of projects including multiple disciplines, multiple geographies, and challenging customer dynamics. Minimal assistance and oversight from the Director of Project Management is expected.
- Coordinates the activity of the project team in order to execute the project from proposal and contract development through manufacturing transition to assure all expectations of the customer are met.
- Responsible for the project P&L, AR, and project sales forecasts including assuring positive and negative variances are appropriately forecast.
- Responsible for creation and ownership of the project proposal, which includes the project plan, schedule, budget, PSA, assumptions, and for presenting and driving the proposal to closure with the customer.
- Responsible for managing changes in project scope, schedule, unit cost and the contract, and communicating these changes to the customer in a timely manner.
- Facilitate customer and team meetings to ensure schedule, budget and customer expectations are met.
- Responsible for the timely allocation of human resources and equipment required by the project to assure project schedule and financial success.
- Responsible for the selection, and ultimate performance, of complex third party suppliers and sub-contractors required to execute the project plan.
- Responsible for managing all prototype builds required to execute the project plan.
- Responsible for leading initiatives within the project management group to improve processes, drive new ideas and initiatives across the organization.
All candidates must have legal authorization to permanently live and work in the United States without visa or employer sponsorship.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field is required for this position.
- Suggested minimum of 5 years industry experience, including 3 years of project management experience is required for this position, assuming educational requirements are met.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Intermediate decision making and problem solving skills.
- Intermediate verbal and written communication skills.
- Possesses a detailed understanding and extensive experience in at least one discipline (e.g. analog, digital, mechanical, software, PCB) of electronic product development.
- Possess a detailed understanding of the product development and product realization process.
- Possess good project management skills and knowledge of management principles.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment.
- Possess strong team building and team leadership skills.
- Ability to handle demanding schedules including travel to customer sites.
- Possess conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
At Plexus we realize that our employees are the key to our continued success. That is why we provide a stimulating environment that fosters sharing of ideas, use of the latest technology and teamwork. An environment that supports employees as they take on new challenges and celebrates their successes. In addition to offering a competitive salary and bonus opportunities, Plexus offers an excellent benefits package including a 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement and medical, dental and vision insurance.
Conditions of Employment
All offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement. All Plexus U.S. locations are tobacco free.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Plexus Corp. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
Plexus isn't perplexed by even complex contract electronics manufacturing. The company develops and manufactures electronic products...