Position Environment: The Electronic Commerce/Electronic Data Interchange (EC/EDI) function serves all areas of Cendant Mobility with electronic communications to/from customers and other outside entities. EDI provides a standard method of communicating with these customers. Primary Function: At this level, technical and functional skills are expected to be very extensive. This individual is expected to be a leader within the team environment, encouraging and coaching junior team members whenever possible. This individual helps to define and gain commitment to team purpose, helps to resolve conflicts, and inspires others by his/her creativity and enthusiasm. This individual sets and demonstrates standards of excellence for the team. The senior analyst must understand that he/she is a role model for junior members of the department and that his/her strong work ethic and positive attitude have far reaching effects in terms of morale and achievement of goals and objectives.Requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills for interaction with business users, client technical contacts, and I.T. support staff to determine technical requirements, testing methods and plans, and implementation requirements. The EDI Technician will be responsible for monitoring and maintaining daily EC/EDI processing and infrastructure. This includes maintaining existing processes, development of new EDI transaction or file transfer processes, and interacting with many internal and external contacts to ensure the smooth operation of the EC/EDI systems. This position requires a high degree of business and client interaction to identify, define, and clarify business and technical requirements and defining ongoing support requirements. An acquired understanding of the Cendant business processes that result in the generation of EDI inputs and outputs and client deliverables will be quickly needed.Ability to work under pressure to quickly solve production problems in order to meet scheduled delivery dates for EDI and data transfers.Excellent problem solving skills.
External Job Description
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Gathers requirements/specifications for EDI business computer applications based on analysis of complex business processes and interaction with business users at all levels of the organization.
• Prepares task plans and designs for the development of EDI business systems, including estimates of time and resources which are necessary to complete required tasks, and identification of milestones.
• Tracks and communicates status/progress of ongoing projects to managers, team members and other appropriate personnel.
• Develops and maintains EDI business applications, following the steps of the project life cycle.
• Works with QA, database, technical and operational analysts at appropriate stages of planning, design and development to ensure successful testing, training and deployment.
• Participates in design and code reviews with managers, peers and involved business personnel.
• Works with managers, leads, and other team members to help coordinate development activities and meet project deadlines.
• Takes a leadership role in the team environment; encourages, coaches and mentors team members in acquiring the technical and behavioral skills needed to effectively meet the needs of business customers.
• Inspires and motivates team members to set high standards of excellence and commitment to a common goal.
• Assists the lead developer or manager in eliciting active participation from team members and helping to resolve conflicts.
• Performs or delegates necessary EDI development functions:
• establishes and maintains a methodology and repository for reusable EDI maps, scripts, and design templates.
• identifies potentially reusable EDI components in current systems; refines and incorporates them into the repository
• researches and deploys new tools for EDI development activity
• handles relationships with third party EDI vendors.
• Monitors the day to day operations of all EC/EDI processes.
• Monitors scheduled transmissions and verifies accurate completion. Resolves potential issues.
• Programs and executes manual transmissions on an as required basis. Handles all translator issues, mapping, updating, trading partner profiles, reviewing translator reports.
• Interfaces with I.T. technical staff, third party networks, trading partners and business users in development and support of EC/EDI processes.
• Establish and further Trading Partner relationships with customers by working with them to implement and expand EDI transactions. Provide a level of technical support to help customers resolve issues.
• Ensures that all efforts comply with established EC/EDI objectives and performance standards.
• Prepares periodic and special reports concerning EDI activities, problems, vendor quality, schedules, and rejected items.
• Participates in technical reviews with other members of the development and technical staff.
• Prepares documentation for current and new EDI processes.
• Installs and maintains EC/EDI translation software and mapping utilities. Performs translation software upgrades and implements new EDI Standard Version releases, as required.
• Gathering business requirements in support of EDI implementations and client deliverable requests.
• Preparation of technical specifications for delivery of business requirements
• Participating in all programming, testing and implementation efforts related to assigned tasks
• Develops appropriate documentation for operational procedures, configuration management, and business users as needed in support of SDLC guidelines.
• Follows established change control procedures
• Addresses production support issues in a timely and effective manner based on business impact. Education/Experience Requirement:
• Bachelor’s degree in computer information systems or related experience.
• 3- 5 years hands-on EDI systems development experience in the required technology performing application development in a project oriented environment.
• Must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and a strong work ethic. A self-starter capable of work independently with minimal supervision.
• Proven track record in meeting scheduled due dates.
• Strong knowledge of EDI standards and methods.
• Excellent analytical skills. Technical Experience:
• Application development: EDI systems development experience in mapping and automation script development. Required tool set is the Sybase ECMAP/ECGATEWAY mapping and scripting software.
• Sybase EC MAP, EC Gateway (version 5.x.x)
• EDI development and support (ANSI X.12 standards)
• Source code management processes and tools (preferred Visual Source Safe VSS or Team Foundation Server TFS)
• Change control processes: test to production
• Production troubleshooting
• Experience with: o Data Encryption tools (PGP Encryption preferred)o Database languages (RDBMS: MS SQL, Oracle)o Operating Systems (NT, Windows 2000+, Vista, Windows 7)
• Experience in Client Server system and/or .NET environments a plus!
Amount of Travel
Work At Home
Realogy - 17 months ago