The Director of Internal Audit develops the strategic direction of the audit function. She/he provides independent assessments of financial, operational, regulatory compliance, and system processes relative to Ulta’s risk exposures. The function also participates in the development of key strategic processes and initiatives at a rapidly growing retailer. Partner with senior managers throughout the Company to assess processes for identifying and managing business risk and delivering organizational effectiveness and efficiencies.
Use your skills, experience & talents to be part of something BEAUTIFUL! As a Director Internal Audit you will perform the following essential functions…….
- Develop and execute the annual audit plan to address financial, operational, regulatory, and system risks. Improve the Company’s risk management and control systems.
- Administer the Company’s Section 404 compliance program. Coordinate audit activities with the external auditors.
- Recruit, train and mentor an audit team of four professionals.
- Provide advisory services during development of new processes and systems.
- Possess 10 – 15 years audit experience, including a minimum of 3 years experience leading and managing an audit team for a publically traded corporation.
- At least 3 years of progressive audit experience with a top public accounting firm, or corporate experience in a publically traded company.
- Extensive knowledge of retail operations required; SAP knowledge preferred.
- Experience in risk assessment, operational finance, financial analysis and/or financial planning. Hands-on leader.
- A Bachelor’s degree and CPA certification is a minimum requirement. Advanced degree or additional certifications (e.g., CIA, CISA) preferred.
- Must demonstrate a thorough understanding of audit’s purpose in a publically traded company, and understand how the function interacts with external auditors as well as internally across the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Portrays a positive, enthusiastic attitude.
- Ability to deliver results in a fast-paced, results-oriented business environment.
- Excellent analytical and planning skills.
- Unwavering ethics and integrity.
- Occasional domestic travel required.
ULTA Salon, Cosmetics & Fragrance, INC - 19 months ago
Ulta Salon, Cosmetics & Fragrance wants to be every woman's ultimate beauty stop. The company operates some 450 stores in 43...