Located at the ILR Exension office at 16 E. 34
Street, New York, NY 1001, the Scheinman Institute on Conflict Resolution at Cornell University promotes interdisciplinary education, research and training in dispute resolution for students, academics, neutrals and practitioners. The Institute builds on the Cornell ILR School’s proud tradition of instruction in the practical use of conflict resolution skills in the workplace and beyond.
Under supervision of the Director of Labor Relations and the Education and Communications Manager, the Scheinman Institute is looking for a dynamic individual to take on the Coordinator of Programs role. The successful candidate will coordinate the overall process for the development and delivery of large scale, multi-day custom learning programs developed by the Scheinman Institute within the Outreach/Extension Division of the ILR School.
Responsibilities include managing scheduling, financial and administrative processes specific to the program. Custom programs are delivered in various off-site locations throughout the US and internationally.
Our Mission Statement:
“Educating the Next Generation of Neutrals and Practitioners”
- Bachelor’s degree with 2-3 years of experience with consulting services, program management or client relationship management, preferably in an academic or corporate setting or equivalent education and work experience.
- Demonstrated experience in project management, event management or client service.
- Interpersonal skills to manage interactions with adjunct instructors, contractors, venue providers and engage with a senior level client and participants.
- Proven ability to successfully manage and prioritize multiple tasks while working simultaneously under pressure within a fast-paced, office environment.
- Must possess the ability to work independently.
- Excellent organizational, logistical and scheduling skills.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- Ability to interact tactfully with diverse groups of individuals.
- Ability to take initiative and be a pro-active team member.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Expertise in Microsoft products including MS PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills.
- General database operating knowledge.
Background check may be required
- Five to seven years administration experience, including program development, marketing and some budgeting.
- Ability to track financial transactions and prepare reports on financial activities.
- Previous experience in high level program or conference coordination.
- Experience with distance learning and methods
No relocation assistance is provided for this position.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Cornell University is an innovative Ivy League university and a great place to work. Our inclusive community of scholars, students and staff impart an uncommon sense of larger purpose and contribute creative ideas to further the university's mission of teaching, discovery and engagement. Located in Ithaca, NY, Cornell's far-flung global presence includes the medical college's campuses on the Upper East Side of Manhattan and Doha, Qatar, as well as the new CornellNYC Tech campus to be built on Roosevelt Island in the heart of New York City.
Diversity and inclusion have been and continue to be a part of our heritage. Cornell University is a recognized EEO/AA employer and educator.
Cornell University - 10 months ago