Americold/Atlas , the largest provider of temperature controlled distribution services in the US, is seeking an Order Selector to join the team at our Shelbyville, IN facility.
Shift hours: Must be able to work all shifts.
Under general supervision, the Warehouse Order Selector will assemble and select cases from pick slots for store orders daily in an accurate, efficient, productive manner and assembles order onto pallets using a Talkman and pallet jack.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Prepares and loads voice template into Talkman unit for specific warehouse selecting location.
2. Performs visual and operational vehicle safety inspections and reports any unsafe vehicles to shift supervisor or maintenance personnel.
3. Responsible for ensuring that all cases and pallets are properly identified with the correct store number.
4. Performs count/exception on pick slot locations if quantities are less than requested by Talkman.
5. Secures selected cases and conducts final pallet preparations by wrapping selected load and applying shipping labels.
6. Prepares and places assembled case pick pallets and moves assembled pallets from picking areas to a dock door or staging area.
7. Observes, reports and corrects (when appropriate) all unsafe and unsanitary conditions that could cause employee and/or customer accidents.
8. Comply with OSHA standards.
9. Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
10. Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work environment.
11. Perform other duties as assigned, may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
1. Requires ability to work independently
2. Must be able to work varied schedule including weekend and early morning shifts
3.. Requires some computer skills
4.. Requires the ability to pay close attention to details, meet deadlines, and work with difficult individuals
5.. Must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: they must get along with co-workers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring
Physical Requirements and working conditions (may vary by facility location):
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
1. Able to work in spaces with 55 inches of headroom
2. Ability to work in environments with extreme temperatures – may range from -20 degrees to 90 degree F environment (temperature varies within each department) for long periods of time.
3. Ability to work any shift including weekends.
4. Ability to handle empty pallets weighing up to 70 pounds.
5. Ability to read and perform basic math functions.
6. Considerable knowledge of warehouse quad layout system.
7. Working knowledge of all safety rules and safety procedures.
8. Working knowledge of the WIN system as applied to Talkman.
9. Working knowledge of the WIN system as applied to LTO & Loading.
10. Working knowledge of inbound/outbound process.
11. Considerable skill in efficiently lifting, stacking and building quality pallets.
12. Skill in operating warehouse equipment: i.e.; Pallet Jack (double and triple), Hi-lift, RC.
13. Ability to reach, bend, twist, stoop and lift up to and including 60 lbs frequently and 90 lbs occasionally.
14. Skill in meeting production standards set by the company.
15. Working skill in troubleshooting Talkman.
16. Skill in communicating effectively with supervisors and department managers.
Expected minimum production levels (varies by facility location)
Frequently - Product weight from 5 to 40 lbs.
Occasionally - Product weight from 41 to 55 lbs.
Rarely - Product weight from 56 to 70lbs
Keyword: Order Selector, Warehousing, Cold Storage, voice pick, talkman, picker, laborer
In business to keep cool, AmeriCold Logistics is a leading provider of temperature-controlled warehousing, distribution, and...