We are looking for a system administrator to join Panopta's operations team, working with us to maintain 24x7 operations of a globally-distributed infrastructure of more than 30 locations on four continents.
This job would be responsible for:
- Day-to-day operations of our distributed monitoring infrastructure, ensuring that all parts of systems are up and running as expected.
- Capacity planning to map out needs for ongoing system upgrades, followed by deployment and enablement of infrastructure expansions.
- Development of scripts and tools for automation of system deployment and upgrades.
- Management of a constantly growing multi-vendor virtual machine farm.
- All systems operations needs such as backups, security patches and upgrades that are needed to keep our systems secure and running efficiently.
- Collaborate with our development and product management teams to evaluate the impact of new feature ideas for our monitoring service. At times, this will include real-world testing of new features as we are heavy advocates of eating our own dog food.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, MIS or Math
- 2-3 years working in a systems administrator role
- Experience working in large-scale, multi-location envirionments with a focus on automated systems deployment and management tools.
- Strong Linux skills are a must as our core infrastructure is all Linux based (Ubuntu/Debian primarily). Windows experience is a plus.
- Large-scale database management experience, both for traditional relational databases (MySQL) and non-relational systems such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Neo4J and HBase.
- A passion for operating a large-scale environment and keeping it running 24x7, without fear that a mistake could trigger alerts to thousands of our customers phones.
All positions unless otherwise noted are based in Chicago, IL.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Panopta - 12 months ago