Provide support for all processes, new and old, to improve processes, reduce costs, improve quality, resolve process, tooling and CNC program problems, and provide necessary formal process documentation in compliance with GMP requirements and ISO Standard. The incumbent will be responsible for many disciplines of support for production, integration of new process technologies and methods, and implement engineering changes (ZCN).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate all phases of product process introduction into production, including all manufacturing procedures and definitions.
- Provide training, as required, for manufacturing management or supervision and provide technical support in problem-solving situations.
- Conduct ongoing projects aimed at elimination of non-value added activities, reducing cost of goods sold, improving plant productivity, reducing cost of overhead, and improving product quality.
- Provide identification and preparation of operating procedures, OCPs, process control procedures, and any other information required to establish and maintain control of critical process parameters.
- Provide engineering support by troubleshooting problem and effecting timely solutions to maintain the continuity of production flow. This includes cell product processes and equipment.
- Interface with the Warsaw development, quality assurance, marketing and manufacturing groups to provide the necessary support for cell product processes.
- Assist in the establishment of plant layouts for the purpose of improving work flow, methods, processes, and equipment utilization. Establishes workplace layouts for an efficient and smooth workflow.
- Prepare and verifies changes to the master router.
- Develop basic knowledge of cell concepts. This includes supervision, manufacturing processes, manufacturing metrics, planning and financial aspects of the cell.
- Develop and implement SPC programs, and work with the Quality Department to develop a barrier-free work environment.
- Handling of engineering projects and plans.
Expected Areas of Competence
- Basic knowledge of GMP and ISO Standard regulation.
- Basic knowledge of statistics.
- Basic knowledge of CNC programming and operation.
- Good understanding of manufacturing and processes.
- Computer oriented.
- Team work and customer focus oriented.
- Good interpersonal relationship skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering, or Industrial Engineering
2 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
Up to 25%
Zimmer - 18 months ago
Zimmer can put the spring back in your step or the zing back in your swing. The company designs and markets orthopedic products, including...