ProTec is an established IT consulting firm based in Columbus, Ohio. We service a select clientele of excellent large and mid-sized companies in central Ohio, plus various State of Ohio agencies. ProTec offers very competitive compensation and benefits.
Our client is in need of an IT Project Manager to manage a large scale Asset Suite (Ventyx product) implementation. The overall objectives of this project are to increase the efficiency of the Supply Chain processes and introduce Work Management tools including replacement of existing business functions supported by legacy software. Business functions in scope of this project include Inventory, procurement, labor entry, contracts and work management.
The selected candidate will be reporting to the Project Steering Committee business leadership group. This PM will be focused on managing the Planning and subsequent phases of the project including implementation and warranty.
project team to executive sponsorship.
- Serve as the Project Manager through the implementation and warranty phases of the project.
- Interact with stakeholders across multiple business groups and within IT to identify and prioritize project tasks, and schedule tasks in accordance with client and project delivery guidelines and methodology.
- Promote adherence to client's standards with regard to methodology, documentation, and quality assurance.
- Solicit input to ongoing and future project initiatives, and schedule project resources for delivery in accordance with priorities and methodology.
- Work closely with stakeholders (Business and IT) to resolve conflicts in prioritization and staffing.
- Track and communicate status at both a detailed (task) level and a summary (sub-project or release) level for a variety of audiences, from the
product quality to the Project Sponsor and Steering Committee members
- Track project issues and assign responsibility to resolve.
- Schedule/facilitate meetings to provide project status / reviews as required to keep stakeholders adequately informed on project status.
- Communicate any concerns with risks and issues that may impact project schedule, budget, required/unexpected change in project scope or
Desired Skills and Experience
- Detailed project planning skills using Microsoft Project 2007 Professional, Microsoft Project Server, Portfolio Server and Earned Value Management.
- Deep commitment to solid project planning and managing project costs, schedules and business benefits.
- Ability to gain consensus and buy-in with regard to project schedule by gathering detailed task estimates, gathering/balancing priorities, and managing expectations.
- Exhibit focus on Risk and Issue management.
- Exhibits focus on Change Management processes and have Change Management implementation experience.
- Strong written and oral communications skills, with emphasis on the ability to communicate to various constituencies including technical staff, IT management, business subject-matter experts and business staff with varying degrees of IT familiarity.
- Experience reporting both detailed and summary-level status for both IT and business unit management.
- Deep knowledge of Systems Development Lifecycle and ability to customize the development approach to achieve quality and delivery goals.
modules is a strong plus.
- Experience managing the implementation of Asset Suite (Ventyx) Work Management, Time Entry, Procurement, Inventory and Contract Management
Successfully obtaining the following Microsoft certifications is considered desirable:
Utilities industry experience preferred
- 70-632 Microsoft Project 2007, Managing Projects
- 70-633 Microsoft Project Server 2007, Managing Projects
- 70-63A Microsoft Project Server 2007, Enterprise - Managing Projects and Programs
PMP certification is desired
ProTec Group - 2 years ago